Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question on WR

Ravens777

I think he's a very good special teams player from some of the highlights I've seen.

I don't watch much Browns football, so I don't really know how good he is at WR. I believe that he was third behind in the depth chart behind Kevin Johnson and Quincy Morgan.

I don't think he's the answer to your WR troubles, but he's a start. Travis Taylor needs to step up this year. He's been very mediocre for a guy picked that high. It's a good thing you still have Heap, otherwise you probably wouldn't have anyone to throw to.

Originally posted by The X-Factor

I think he's a very good special teams player from some of the highlights I've seen.

I don't watch much Browns football, so I don't really know how good he is at WR. I believe that he was third behind in the depth chart behind Kevin Johnson and Quincy Morgan.

I don't think he's the answer to your WR troubles, but he's a start. Travis Taylor needs to step up this year. He's been very mediocre for a guy picked that high. It's a good thing you still have Heap, otherwise you probably wouldn't have anyone to throw to.

I agree, thanks for your input. I was able to find out North had 66 catches last year, thats at least twice as many as any Raven player. Again Thanks!

It's hard for any receiver to do well when the running game is emphasized so much. The Ravens had nearly 100 fewer pass completions than the Browns last year. It seems like Northcutt is more of a possession receiver give his low YPC (11.8). I bet he is used to compliment Taylor.

From what I've seen of Ravens games, your coach, the offensive genius, needs to step up his playcalling.

Originally posted by JerseyGator

It's hard for any receiver to do well when the running game is emphasized so much. The Ravens had nearly 100 fewer pass completions than the Browns last year. It seems like Northcutt is more of a possession receiver give his low YPC (11.8). I bet he is used to compliment Taylor.

From what I've seen of Ravens games, your coach, the offensive genius, needs to step up his playcalling.

I could not agree more with you on the play calling in Baltimore. I have been calling for Mat's job for years now, it lacks so much. Thank god for Lewis...............

Personal question.... you came here with trolling habits and earned that special avatar.

But I've noticed you've changed your tune the past few weeks and turned into a respectable poster. Kudos to you for that and I hope you maintain this level of dialogue. We'll remove that avatar designation shortly.

But I gotta ask... why do you start the way you did to begin with? :)

Originally posted by Ravens777

I could not agree more with you on the play calling in Baltimore. I have been calling for Mat's job for years now, it lacks so much. Thank god for Lewis...............

I've been working so I've not heard you have either acquired or are serious again for Northcutt. I wouldn't think you'd go for him with the addition of Johnson and some young receivers. I do think Northcutt is a really good No. 3 receiver, but maybe only so-so at No. 2. I wouldn't trade him to you though if I happened to be in charge of the Browns.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Personal question.... you came here with trolling habits and earned that special avatar.

But I've noticed you've changed your tune the past few weeks and turned into a respectable poster. Kudos to you for that and I hope you maintain this level of dialogue. We'll remove that avatar designation shortly.

But I gotta ask... why do you start the way you did to begin with? :)

To be honest, I came in with a head of steam because I saw few post about the Ravens and all the little signs that are posted saying Ravens suck and so on. With that in mind I leaned real strong to strong about the Ravens and other messages that were said for one reason and not for the reason this board and boards alike were created for. I have said that I was wrong in the past and I will say it again tonight. Great board, I like it here and would like to stay and watch next season with everyone. I would appreciate my head being removed from my a** but I will serve my time, since my words put it there..............

You know I believe in luck like most sports nuts, look at my number of posts 66, I hope that does not seal my fate, wish this post were 67 or 65.............lol

my impressions of him are once he gets the ball in his hands he has a knack of finding the endzone. the browns couldn't get him the ball on a consistant basis. they used him in different situational formations.

Northcutt is a mid to upper mid level WR in this league, possibly about the same type of player that Rod Gardner is.

Unfortunately for you, as average as the Ravens WR's have been the last few years, he'd be a nice upgrade. He and Kevin Johnson would be solid WR's in your RUN, RUN, RUN (do we have to pass?) offense.

Originally posted by miragv

No matter who you get at WR it wont matter this year. RB will be a problem as your boy Jamal will be in court or in jail

I dont think he will ever see a day behind bars. To much money involved, if it were you or me, I would say jail would be headed are way, but for Lewis, he wont do a day...............

I dont think he will ever see a day behind bars. To much money involved, if it were you or me, I would say jail would be headed are way, but for Lewis, he wont do a day...............

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Jamal is going to jail. I'd be shocked. And given what I've read about it.... I don't think he warrants it.

Will North help the Ravens? I understand that thing cant go any lower for the Ravens with the passing game. Not knowing to much about North, I was wondering what the true feelings are on North from other football fans:2cents: :2cents:

Yeah, too bad we didnt have a 1st rder. Maybe we could have moved up somehow and take Reggie Williams or a Michael Clayton? Hell, even Rashaun Woods woulda been nice.

But as for Northcutt, like most ppl stated, he was a pretty good return man and an avg WR. We dont really have any use for him or even any room for him. Since we traded for Kevin Johnson, drafted Devard Darling and Derek Abney. Darling could be a steal and I cant say I'm overly excited about trading for Kevin Johnson. I guess he's an upgrade over what we have but oh well. And Abney will prolly be our kick or punt returner. I think he's tied(with WR Wes Welker from Texas Tech) as the all time leader in PR/KR TDs in NCAA history. If not, he's 2nd. But he should upgrade our special teams.

I agree that Lewis won't see any jail time. The case against him sounds like the prosecutor is reaching in order to get a high profile case. But even if he was convicted and had to spend a brief period in the cooler, it might not kill them. They did pretty well when Lewis was injured, Newsome's pretty good at finding capable RB's.

But it does make great fodder for Bang's cartoons :D

Archived