Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Coles Reported Not A Fan Favorite By Colleague...

I work for the Corporate Office of a Sporting Goods Retailer, Dick's Sporting Goods and I was asking our Franchise Buyer about getting some jerseys since we are in Pittsburgh. I specifically said I wanted a Coles jersey along with Arrington, Portis, and Taylor. He told me:

"Coles sales were horrible. Don't know where you're hearing he was well liked. They loved him in august. He was a big disappointment and not a fan favorite by season end."

I told him he was nuts. Coles was in the Pro Bowl and with over 1,200 yards of receiving how can he a disappointment?!? Maybe he has him confused with Gardner? Anyway, here's a Poll about Coles, so I can prove to him he's crazy.

"Fan Favorite" by this guy is defined only by jersey sales.

He must not have noticed that the Skins were 5-11 and were walked all over by our two biggest division rivals in December.

Coles will be a top seller if we get a winning team again.

They don't call it 'Dick's Sporting Goods' for nothin' ;)

Other than maybe Ramsey or Smoot, don't think there's a gutsier player in B&G right now. Brings it every game, bad foot or not. If our QB hadn't been running for his life the last 1/2 of the season, he'd have led the NFL in receiving yards.

Coles is the man.

My guess is your advisor is a Jets fan :)

Originally posted by thinker

I have two jerseys in my 32 years of being a Skins fans #43 Larry Brown and #80 Lav Coles.

That's the supreme compliment right there! Coles is Gary Clarke incarnate! He could be even better. After last year, I would have to say that Coles is a class act in every respect - one of the best Redskins we have on our roster. I also always liked the fact that he was right there next to Ramsey on the bench.

Yeah Coles is great, the consumate pro, incredible work ethic, makes the tough catches, a burner...does whats asked of him and then some...doesnt complain or wine, plays hurt, great integrity, doesnt showboat or celebrate for making one first down, he makes the catch hands/tosses it to the ref and heads back to the huddle. Doesnt have to brag or run his mouth, his play speaks for him.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Coles is a great player, but not great for marketing. He makes plays and doesn't brag about it.

He probably won't sell a lot of merchandise, but he is invaluable to our team.

Coles embodies greatness in Washington, as did Art Monk and D. Green, class acts. I would buy his jersey before every other 'Skin on the current roster.

Update: I got the prices and locations of all the jerseys. You can either go in the store or if you are a ways away, you can call the store and have them ship it. There would be shipping added, but I don't know what it is. Something reasonable I would assume. Please snatch these up, because honestly I think he's a fantastic player who should be stocked in our stores!! I work in the IT Department so I had no clue until I asked him to hook me up with some jerseys. Here is the information I have:

"Store 142 has the most followed by 141, 143 and 147. Priced at $39.97 from $65, 38% off!"

And the Store Numbers with addresses (I hope I don't get into trouble releasing our internal Store Numbers from our databases):

142 - 10800 STUDLEY MANOR DR Manassas, VA (703)257-4300

141 - 1940 RIO HILL CENTER Charlottesville, VA (434)974-5640

143 - 11080 MALL CIRCLE RD Waldorf, MD (301)885-1762

147 - 137 SPOTSYLVANIA MALL Fredericksburg, VA (540)548-1200

Archived