Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many ppl are having problems accessing the "Breaking News" forum?

Die Hard

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/index.php

Attempt to access it view the forums home page link above.

If you cannot.... please email me at dh@extremeskins.com with the following information:

(1) username/password for your account

(2) copy/paste the error message you receive

(3) browser your using.

Thanks.

I used our "test" account which has the permissions of a "regular user" and it appears to work fine for me.

If you have problems, attempt to clear your cookies and then try again.

Hell, I'm having trouble with the site. Period.

every other click is getting me this on a white page...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/skins/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Hell, I'm having trouble with the site. Period.

every other click is getting me this on a white page...

That's just an error meaning the site is too busy.

We're upgrading to a new server in a bit that should eliminate any kind of slow downs. Hopefully permanently.

Originally posted by Sanders 83

I wasn't able to post on the Breaking News forum, but I just figured no one was.

Everyone is allowed to post in the Breaking News forum. However, only admins and mods have their posts directly posted in the forum.

All other posts submitted by regular users waits in a que to be approved by a mod/admin. It may take a bit for us to approve them before they're posted... but they don't get deleted.

Neither of the 2 posts addressed the initial question.

Are you have problem READING (accessing) the Breaking News forum?

That's all I'm trying to fix here. Nothing else. If you experience other problems report it in the "Feedback and Technical Support" forum accordingly. Thanks.

I can see the articles, but I can't see any posts, if there are any. Also when I hit the reply button this comes up:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If you are a newly registered User (AOL and others), READ THIS:

Your activation email is in your SPAM box. Do NOT contact the Staff until you know what this is, and until you have looked there for your activation email. If it is NOT in your spam box, be sure your filters are set so that emails are allowed to get through.

Once you have done this, CLICK HERE to be resent your Activation Email.

Originally posted by Sanders 83

I can see the articles, but I can't see any posts, if there are any. Also when I hit the reply button this comes up:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If you are a newly registered User (AOL and others), READ THIS:

Your activation email is in your SPAM box. Do NOT contact the Staff until you know what this is, and until you have looked there for your activation email. If it is NOT in your spam box, be sure your filters are set so that emails are allowed to get through.

Once you have done this, CLICK HERE to be resent your Activation Email.

Originally posted by jbooma

I can get in now but are we allowed to post or reply in this forum?

Both of those are EXACTLY what you should see. Members CANNOT post directly in the BREAKING NEWS forum. If you want to "post" a new article... you have to go to the FRONT PAGE and click the "Submit News" link. This will submit your post and it will sit in que until Bubba approves it and only then will it be visible to the general public.

Otherwise, the BREAKING NEWS forum is just for the sole purpose of reading and referencing old articles.

Now I was told of multiple instances where people couldn't ACCESS (ie. READ) the forums... that IS a problem. So where are these ppl? :)

Archived