Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This might be a crazy thought....

MarkMayKosty

I know, this might just be a crazy thought.....but how about packaging the #5 spot and Ramsey to the Chargers and taking Rothlesberger?? That way, the Chargers get their QB that they are looking for, Washington gets someone that Gibbs can groom in to a future Pro Bowler, and everyone's happy. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

I said in prefacing the comment, that it was a crazy idea. A buddy of mine who is a Patriots fan brought it up to me this morning while talking smack about them getting Dillon from the Bungals.

And just so it's clear....I'm not advocating this idea.....I want the Skins to take Taylor at #5. And I do not want them to trade Samuels to the Raiders for the chance to take Gallery. And I do not do not do not want them to take Winslow.

we wouldnt care if the Chargers are happy, if you're going to draft up, especially to the #1 spot, you take the best player available, which is Manning.

It wont happen since the top4 4 prospects are either QB's or recievers and we dont need either. Lets get back to the K2/Taylor threads.......

Originally posted by Golgo-13

That is quite possibly the worst idea I have ever heard. Roth would be there at the 5 spot even if we DID want him. Why would we give up Ramsey to get him?

:cheers:

i agree, a bit absurd, especially with a manning on the board!

Originally posted by MarkMayKosty

I know, this might just be a crazy thought.....but how about packaging the #5 spot and Ramsey to the Chargers and taking Rothlesberger?? That way, the Chargers get their QB that they are looking for, Washington gets someone that Gibbs can groom in to a future Pro Bowler, and everyone's happy. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

As crazy as it seems I think it could happen. The Skins are fine in the QB area for a few years, so why not do it for the immediate impact. I would think the Skins could draw some major attention with Ramsey, maybe even help the Ravens with their QB issues. Yes/No?

no, no, no, no. Enough talk of trading Ramsey; why should we trade a QB who has had some success and shown promise in a terrible system, when we now have him in the right system. No more grooming talent and letting them go, especially for the scenerio posted in this thread. Who even says that Ramsey will be on the bench, Brunell could get injured or beat out Brunell for the job. Either way, 2 capable quarterbacks is better than one and a rookie.

:sucks:

Originally posted by manichispanic

we wouldnt care if the Chargers are happy, if you're going to draft up, especially to the #1 spot, you take the best player available, which is Manning.

It wont happen since the top4 4 prospects are either QB's or recievers and we dont need either. Lets get back to the K2/Taylor threads.......

I agree with everything that you just said, except for the "lets get back to the K2/Taylor threads.........:puke: :puke:

quote : from ravens777

as crazy as it seems ,i think it could happen

trading ramsey , no way , he is the future of this football team.

are you saying the crows need a qb, what seems to be the problem with your new qb- boller ? not what you expected him to be huh! :hammer:

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I really like Ramsey, but we're not even sure he's going to resign with us after his deal is up in 2006(?). So, we could get Manning, Rivers, or Roethlisberger on a long term contract and allow more time for grooming under Gibbs and Brunnell, especially since Ramsey was under Spurrier for two years and might have picked up some bad habits. Like curling up in a fetal position when the defense is in the backfield :jk:. Yes, Ramsey is a tough guy, but with the pounding he took last year, he might be a little gun-shy. I remember the two point conversion through to Coles who was wide-open on the right and he threw it 3 feet over his head, while an easy lob would have put us into overtime. I am not saying I want us to do that, I think Sean Taylor is the guy for us and we need to pick him at #5. I was just responding to people saying the original poster was crazy or something.

Archived