Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:Texans Trying To Get Sean Taylor.........

TC4

Okay, I know this is Pro Football Talk, but this don't look good and even a broken clock is right twice a day:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TEXANS TRYING TO GET TAYLOR

Word around the league is that the Houston Texans are trying desperately to get in position to draft Miami safety Sean Taylor, who likely won't be on the board after the Redskins exercise the fifth overall pick.

Former Redskins G.M. (and current Texans G.M.) Charley Casserly surely would love nothing more than to trump his old coach, Joe Gibbs, as the 'Skins try to load up on defense.

Possible trade partners are the Giants, who could slide back and nab quarterback Philip Rivers at No. 10, or the Raiders, who could nab Steven Jackson, Roy Williams, or Kellen Winslow if one of them fall through the top nine.

We're also hearing that the Arizona Cardinals have a surprisingly strong interest in the Taylor. One league source tells us that the Cardinals' interest in receiver Larry Fitzgerald could be a smoke screen intended to keep the Redskins or another team from jumping to No. 2 in order to nab Taylor.

Originally posted by bubba9497

PFT?

:doh:

Yeah bubba I hope it's the usual pile of :pooh: from them too, but once in a while those morons get one right

Just hope like hell this isn't the one

If Gallery is off the board, I could see the Giants trading down. If Gallery is still there, he's the pick and Houston will have to trade with us. I think our FO would take Houston's 1st two picks in exchange for Taylor.

I just have this bad feeling Gallery goes in the top 3, Taylor goes at #4 and Worthlessburger falls. The only team that might want to trade up to get him is Pittsburgh but they could probably stand pat and get him. I wonder if the FO will take Winslow or look at trade offers for him. Just ANOTHER scenario to freak out over. :silly:

oh gawd, let's just hope the Giants do pick up "worthlessburger" lol

you know, Big ben really is an outstanding prospect, and considering the previous talent to emerge from the MAC, I would say he has a legitimate shot to make something of himself in the NFL.... I personally would never draft him, especially with rivers and losman as qb's available who are better IMO..... I'm just crossing my fingers that we end up w/ Taylor or Wilfork....

Originally posted by illone

A trade with Houston would open the door for Wilfork in the first and Sean Jones in the 2nd.... easy day.

I called him Worthlessburger because he's worthless to us. We don't need a QB. I liked how he improved over the course of the season but he never faced top flight competition other than Iowa and he didn't look real good that day. I still think Rivers is a better QB at this point.

I like your "easy day" theory a lot. There are a couple of other guys I would look at in addition to Jones. Antwan Odom and Ben Watson. If both of those guys were staill available it would definitely make for a tough choice.

yea, i am partial to sean jones though.... taylor isnt the only big hitter safety in the draft... jones is sick!!!

watson I think will go in the first round so if you really want a tight end, then Troupe might be there in the 2nd.... Antwan Odom is a solid option as well.... Trading down and grabbing a 2nd rnd pick definitely opens some doors for us.... i like it myself...

:cheers:

Originally posted by illone

yea, i am partial to sean jones though.... taylor isnt the only big hitter safety in the draft... jones is sick!!!

watson I think will go in the first round so if you really want a tight end, then Troupe might be there in the 2nd.... Antwan Odom is a solid option as well.... Trading down and grabbing a 2nd rnd pick definitely opens some doors for us.... i like it myself...

:cheers:

Sean Jones will NOT be there a the 40th pick.

Honestly, I wouldnt' doubt that other teams are trying to move up to get Taylor. He's one of the best, if not the best in the draft right now. Maybe that's another reason why we were exploring possible trade up scenario's just in case someone tried to move up and steal the player we covet.

Casserly has made it known previously he's jonesing for Taylor. So I wouldn't be schocked if they attempt to make a move for Taylor.

It's fun to look at the draft value chart for these trade rumors.

According to the chart, Houston's 1st and 2nd round picks value at 1810, almost a match to the Skins' #5 at a value of 1800. But, the Texans' other 5 picks (3rd, two in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th) have a value of 455. Add that to their #10 (1300), and it's less than the 1800 value of the #5 pick.

I might be inclined to trade the #5 for the #10 plus all those other picks (#'s 71, 103, 122, 138, 170, and 211), than for just the #10 and #40. The Skins could also possibly work a trade of Rod Gardner for a high 2nd round pick, say to San Diego, and reap 10 picks in a deep draft.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

If the Cardinals take Taylor that will make the #5 slot that much hotter for all the teams who want Fitz.

But we don't need Larry Fiztgerald, we need either Sean Taylor or some DL help

Archived