Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo Hall....The next Darrell??

skin_finatic

Originally posted by skin_finatic

exactly, I was at that game and saw tech give them an @$$ whoopin and hall was my mvp that game.

Hall played a great game against Miami. He was the MVP of that game. I agree with that, but he was not a CONSISTANT "shut down" corner all year long. Dissonance19, I do not understand how thinking that Hall is overated is showing a bias? An example of a bias would be for me to be a tech fan, and think that all of their players are the best at their given position. IMO I think that Grove will be their best pick out of this draft, that guy is an animal.

Originally posted by Bazooka Tooth

Andre Johson

Larry Fitzgerald

Chris Henry

He goes for the big play, and misses out a lot of the time. Great punt returner and special teamer, but has a mouth, and a horrible attitude. Hello MeAngelo Hall

wow even michael ervin agrees with me(he talked about hall on sportscenter draft show) about fitzgerald suckin against hall. Well thats not really a thing to bring about though:dallasuck

Originally posted by dissonance19

1st of all Hall ran the 4.15 on an indoor track surface not grass.

2nd of all Kevin Jones gained 20lbs of muscle before is workout so of course his time will be slower. If you are gonna post, at least know everything before and not be ignorant about it. Especially the circumstances of Hall's 40 time. Everyone say's how Va tech's 40 times are made up. Most schools do this anyway. And besides, NO ONE runs the same 40 every time they run. It will always be an inconsistent number.

I watched 18 games the last 2 yrs of va tech. And I dont know what you guys have been watching. Hall has been rarely beat. Occasionally he has but hell what CB hasnt been beat? Your former precious Champ was beat once in a while and now he's not on your team half of you bad mouth him. Most teams rarely threw Hall's side of the field or they line the wide receiver up on the opposite side of the field so he's not covering em. He does have technique problems and yes he doesnt always make the play when its there but hes a good tackler and i think he has potential.

As for the Darrell Green comparison, it was just a comparison!!Dont get so riled up about it. It doesnt say he's going to be the next Darrell Green. I swear some of you get so offended by everything lil thing compared to or said about the Skins.

Its just a crazy comparison...I am not sure if anyone is getting riled up. Just a ridiculous comparison especially when it comes to speed.

:cheers:

Hall is athletically gifted but he needs to keep his head in the game. His temper got the best of him a couple of times last year and it cost his team field possesion and I believe possesion of the football. Gifted yes, Darell Green gifted absolutely not.

man whats the big deal? this is predraft talk... any player with any kind of talent will be compared to some great... i mean in the NBA every year or two they say so and so is gonna be next Jordan... kind of sad that innocent comment from Kiper is getting this kind of reaction from the fans. Comparing Hall to Green isnt a knock on Green's legacy or anything like that. More than anything it compliments Green that Kiper is using him as a standard to compare the top notch CB prospects coming into the draft...

Calm down you guys, they always compare prospects to the best of all time. They compare Gallery to Ogden, they say Eli is better than Payton, they say KJ is the next Barry Sanders. Why don't you guys put your anti-Va Tech hatred aside and just give this kid a chance.

(I will bookmark this thread and remember all the names of the people who underatted this years best CB prospect)

There will never be another Darrell Green. Ever. There will never be another Micheal Jordan. There will never be another Ali. There will never be another Bonds. Barry Sanders. Jerry Rice. Legends, every single one of them. If anyone ever comes to match any of these athelets light, it won't be because they are trying to be like them, but become legends themselves.

If anyone ever comes close to what Darrell has acomplished in his career, we'll all be asking, who will be the next "whoever"? Darrell's a legend, as will anyone who comes close to matching his accomplishments. Not a photocopy, a legend in their own right...

DG is a better corner right now (at what 42) than Hall. It's character and work ethic. Green was a model athlete and was the hardest worker on the team since he started there. There is a reason why he is a legend all around the league, not just Washington. He defines what a pro athlete should be.

Originally posted by Renegade7

There will never be another Darrell Green. Ever. There will never be another Micheal Jordan. There will never be another Ali. There will never be another Bonds. Barry Sanders. Jerry Rice. Legends, every single one of them. If anyone ever comes to match any of these athelets light, it won't be because they are trying to be like them, but become legends themselves.

If anyone ever comes close to what Darrell has acomplished in his career, we'll all be asking, who will be the next "whoever"? Darrell's a legend, as will anyone who comes close to matching his accomplishments. Not a photocopy, a legend in their own right...

well that is kind of the point i am making... Comparing the bright prospects to the legends are a common thing so why are people making this out to be something more than it is....

At times last season and a few others, the D Line wasn't strong enough to get pressure on the QB, BUT, "Coverage Sacks" allowed the team to stay in games.

That was a result of the DB's and Safeties at least doing their thing.

Imagine a strong front, strong LB's and strong DB/Safeties!

Ouch!

Originally posted by sjinhan

well that is kind of the point i am making... Comparing the bright prospects to the legends are a common thing so why are people making this out to be something more than it is....

I'm not after you Sjin, that's just the way I feel about it. If I was going to be a great player, I wouldn't want to try and match someone else. I'd make them try to match me. ;)

Originally posted by Liberty

Calm down you guys, they always compare prospects to the best of all time. They compare Gallery to Ogden, they say Eli is better than Payton, they say KJ is the next Barry Sanders. Why don't you guys put your anti-Va Tech hatred aside and just give this kid a chance.

(I will bookmark this thread and remember all the names of the people who underatted this years best CB prospect)

Please feel free to book mark this thread and refer back to it. If I am wrong about Hall, then people have every right to let me know I was a moron. I think that this is an overall weak CB draft, and that is why he is the #1 prospect. We will have to see in a couple of years how he pans out. :cheers:

Couple of things....

First off, "finatic" is not a word. The word is spelled "fanatic". I usually am not one to nitpick about spelling but it's your username for crying out loud.

Second, please everyone stop with this 4.1-4.2 talk. It's ridiculous. No human being can run that fast. Nobody. It's never happened. I know you Hokie fans have been told this over and over. Just stop it already. Please.

Lastly, MeAngelo Hall was routinely beaten last year. I'll point out one game in particular. The Hokies tried to use Hall on Heath Miller b/c he was the best receiver on UVa's squad. Miller ended up with 13 catches for 145 yds, almost of which were with Hall in tow. The guy got ABUSED by a TE for goodness sake. Granted Miller is a future All-Pro, but that game showed me a lot about Hall's cover skills. He let a 255 lb TE consistently lose him on route after route after route. How is he going to gaurd NFL WR's?

Of course he won't be the next Darrell Green, he isn't even as fast either.

However some of you people are just hating on VT and DHall.

DeAngelo Hall is easily the CB with the best potential in this draft. He isn't a great cover CB, he does however have amazing speed. I think with the recent rule changes towards less contact I think CB's like Hall will have a decisive advantage.

My opinion:

Hall's success in the NFL will be determined by where he goes and who coaches him and leads him and teaches him.

If there is a good coach/veteran CB to teach DHall how to cover better then I think he will be an outstanding CB in the NFL for a LONG time. Is he a Darrell Green? NO. Is he even a Deion? Maybe, he could be better or worse.

However I think with good coaching/leadership he will be one of the best active CB's in the league. Especially when the league is trying to reduce contact after 5 yards.

He will get burned a bit in his rookie year, but any team that takes the time to improve his technique will be pleasantly surprised. Ironically I think the best scenario for DHall would have been for us to bring back Darrell Green as a CB coach and have the man himself teach the game. (Yes I know it is impossible and won't happen)

Also Hall is explosive on Special Teams. He is very good at returning the ball, he could be like well DHall (dante).

Archived