Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drafting a LB, just a thought...

Mr. S

Hey, im just wondering, we are trying to get rid of Trotter, and will by June 1st either way it seems. How about we trade down a bit and get a quality LB, like DJ Williams, or especially Jon Vilma to fill the middle? If we trade with the Pats, im sure those guys may still be available and we could take Vilma, plus fill a lot of other holes with a slew of other round draft picks. I heard that both those guys are highly ranked and primed to do well in the NFL as well as Winslow and Taylor.

Just a thought, let me know if you agree or have a better idea. Id still prefer Taylor.

i have been saying for a while that this was the season to draft a LB in the first three rounds. so much depth, but we don't have any more picks now. a trade down to pick up a later first and second or thirds would be the only way. however, our primary need is on the defensive line. we MUST take care of that first!!!

boo-ya! i just saw that i made the pro-bowler avatar! hopefully that Champ pic will be replaced with Portis or Lavar soon....

First, if we draft a LB, it would be in the late rounds (5th or 6th). There is no way that we will be using our first round pick or picks on a position that we have a lot of depth and strength at.

We are waiting for word from Holdman on the offer and I am very concerned that if we signed him, either Lavar or Marcus would have to move to the middle and free up Holdman to either the strong side or weak side. Most rumors I have heard have Holdman moving to the weak side, which means that all the preseason hype of returning Lavar to his most effective position now goes away. Lavar is a beast.

Unleash the beast!!!!!

Originally posted by bnacpa

First, if we draft a LB, it would be in the late rounds (5th or 6th). There is no way that we will be using our first round pick or picks on a position that we have a lot of depth and strength at.

We are waiting for word from Holdman on the offer and I am very concerned that if we signed him, either Lavar or Marcus would have to move to the middle and free up Holdman to either the strong side or weak side. Most rumors I have heard have Holdman moving to the weak side, which means that all the preseason hype of returning Lavar to his most effective position now goes away. Lavar is a beast.

Unleash the beast!!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

kill the hobo!!!! :cheers: :jk:

we want taylor!:notworthy

haha, nice, like i have said though, i still want high prospect Taylor, and am not liking the trade down scenario, even if for LB prospects Williams or Vilma.

Holdman is a weakside linebacker who at worst is a replacement for Pierce or which I'd hate forces Lavar back to strongside linebacker.

S Taylor in our secondary is our counter to T Owens, keychain johnson and other physical receivers and he can e used as a 4th linebacker in running situations

Archived