Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another favourites thread, takeaway

Chrisbob74

Originally posted by Chrisbob74

What's your fav.

I'll be very British and plump for traditional Fish N' Chips (has to be cod though).

fishnchips.jpg

Over there, I'll go with you, especially about the cod, and only if the fish is fried seperately from the chips.

On this side of the pond, I love my Papa Johns

I'm particular to chinese food when it comes to take-out. Whatever those "health officials" say, can't beat the MSG-and-sodium combo.

As for specifics, I'll go with Shun Lee in New York City. Best Chinese take out that I've had.

Down here in the South, well Orlando isn't really the South, we like ourselves some B-B-Q. Nothing more beautiful than an 80 lb. pig rotating on a spit over hot coals.

My favorite down here in Orlando. Choctaw Willie's. How redneck does that sound? You can get a butt for $25.00 and it feeds like five people. Best Sweet Tea too. Man I think I've turned into a redneck.

Originally posted by Henry

Do you mean take out? I gotta go with Victor's Pizza in Springfield, VA. Best pizza this side of New York.

The victors in annandale changed something and now the pizza ain't as good,since I am in the middle maybe I should try the sprinfield location. Is that the Victors at franconia and old keen mill?

I would agree with the five guys choice and southern BBQ.

Some of the best BBQ I have ever had was in this little town called Henderson in NC.

It sucks that there is really no decent pizza in Northern Va ( Victors was mentioned) I would add that Angies in twinbrook is pretty good.

Theres nothing like a Philly cheesesteak , My wife is from philly and has taken me to some great places there.

Originally posted by Montilar

marios Subs on Wilson Blvd., Arlington.

The best steak sub on earth. Philly can say what they want.

thank god it's not in Manassas, I'd be eating there every meal and even more out of shape.

There used to be a Marios in Manassas,closed down, not as good as the original. In Manassas it's Wok N' Roll for me.

I work in Manassas also.

Originally posted by Montilar

marios Subs on Wilson Blvd., Arlington.

The best steak sub on earth. Philly can say what they want.

thank god it's not in Manassas, I'd be eating there every meal and even more out of shape.

I grew up in Arlington so I knew Mario's back when it was Marino's and know their food well. The food itself is ok but not that great. I think I have fond memories, because of the many drunken nights I visited the establishment after hours of bar hopping and clubbing (they're open 24 hours.) So those nights, a steak and cheese hit the spot but doesn't have the same effect during the day and when you're sober. Just my :2cents:

Anthony's pizza at Fair Lakes in Fairfax has good pizza. Will have to try Victor's. For subs, Jimmy G's in Sterling. Think they just changed their name and ownership though.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Technically, I don't get it as takeout but you CAN---

Pho. DAMN I love that stuff. It's unstoppable baby!

Gotta agree with you Ghost! Don't usually eat it but I've had it no less than 8 times in the last few weeks! Wonder if it's any bettter in Seattle. Both of our areas have a pretty big Vietnamese population.

For those SNL fans....Hub's Gyro....I like-a the juice......

Seriously though, you wouldn't think of it being this way, but Florida restaurants SUCK, as far as take-out goes, anyway. We don't have any good local chains. Caruso's and Annie's pizza are the best places, but there's no good takeout other than pizza down here.

I keep hearing about this 5 Guys place. I'm coming up to DC this summer, I'll have to make my parents go there. How long has it been around? My mom grew up in Silver Spring and maybe she'd remember it.

Archived