Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Hog

Bazooka Tooth

In your opinion, who was the "best" hog. Which hog do you think will get inducted in the hall first? They all had so many great attributes, and played such hard nosed football, but who was the "best."

Joe Jacoby

George Starke

Russ Grimm

Jeff Bostic

Mark May

Jim Lachey

Raleigh Mackenzie

Mark Schlereth

Don Warren

Rick Walker

John Riggins (You can't vote for Riggo)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Three of them stand out from the rest. They are Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, and Jim Lachey. To rank these three is difficult for me because they were all such great players.

Russ Grimm will be the first and, I hate to say it, possibly only one of them to be inducted into the HOF. Russ won three Superbowl Champion rings, was selected to four straight Pro Bowls, and was named a Starting Guard on the NFL's Team of the 80's. He'll be in the HOF. Book it.

My favorite Hog is Joe Jacoby, based on his great play and his personality. Joe also won three Superbowl Champion rings and was selected to four straight Pro Bowls. His battles with LT are legendary. When he pulled, I almost felt sorry for the opposing DB's because of what was about to happen to them. Almost. He deserves HOF induction but I'm not as confident about Joe as I am about Russ because I think that, for most NFL fans outside of Washington, Russ Grimm is the one player who is most emblematic of the Hogs. But if John Madden could make the call, Joe would already be in the HOF. Madden just LOVED the way Joe played football.

Jim Lachey was a great athlete and competitor. He won one Superbowl Champion ring, went to three Pro Bowls, was an All-NFL selection, and was voted on to the NFL Stars of the 90's Team. He should receive strong consideration for the HOF. I hope he makes it.

This is like picking your favorite child....

Anyhow, Mark May battling Randy White epitomized what the Hogs stood for. For those of you too young, they were 15-round, heavyweight title fights with everything at stake with warriors that hated each other.

White was easily one of the baddest mother-f.....s to ever step on a football field, playing for our hated enemies.....and May never backed down and gave as good as he got. Real football.

Damn that was great. :jerkoff:

Archived