Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

salary cap to increase 2005

bsmsss

Originally posted by jrfriedm

There won't be a cap hell no matter what. Danny knows what he's doing. He'll be fine.

Is this fact? Just curious. I don't think you can give the man a free pass until he achieves something, like a division championship or a 10 win season. Honestly, most of the free world has bashed Lurie & co. for not spending money. Why? Because they have been so close to winning an SB. When you consistantly produce a flop, anything you do to try to improve is viewed as a step in the right direction. To say Danny knows what he is doing contradicts the facts. I think Gibbs MAY be the answer, simply because his persona alone will overide Danny boys ego, but let's not give accolades to those who DEFINITELTY don't deserve them.:2cents:

I have a feeling that the NFL- no matter how much they get for TV contracts- is not going to suddenly raise the roof by tens of millions of dollars on the cap.

They are smarter than that and realize that a sharp jump would screw up the economics of the game.

Not to say it may not go up more than usual- just saying it won't suddenly go up $20 million in one year.

Originally posted by Skins24

We had that his first year here.

Inheritance!! Hell, even Richie Kotite had a good first year coaching the Eagles. Then he had the reoccuring dreams of the two tight end set and transformed the most mobile QB in the league EVER, into the pansy that he became. Once Danny stamped his signature on the team what happened? Anyone is capable of taking over a viable contender and achieving that mark. It's what the said individual does, after the fact, that allows you to judge their performance. Do I really need to insert a weak analogy?

Phanatic, I think jfried was referring to Snyder's business acumen and ability to structure contracts. Cap hell has been predicted for going on 5 years for the Redskins, and it hasn't happened yet. Given his business success, you'd have to admit that Snyder and Eric Schaefer (Skins cap guy) might just know what they are doing when it comes to manipulating the cap. Time will tell, I suppose.

f_dallas, the NFL has no control over setting the cap, if I understand the CBA correctly. The cap is set to a percentage of shared revenues generated by the league. If there is a large jump in revenue, then there will be a large jump in the cap, though I would be surprised to see a jump of $20M in one season. Still, it could very well be significant.

Archived