Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

quick anyone have video of greg jones hit on sean taylor video?

dantmp

Greg Jones went to FSU.

And I believe I know what WVU hit your talking about. That was WVU RB Quincy Wilson, but it was NOT on Sean Taylor, despite what many people think. It was actually the backup for the other safety, I believe it was Geathers who got laid out by Wilson.

Not Taylor. But that was a nasty hit.

Ahh here we go, I found some proof:

Here is Wilson hurdling the guy he just ran over:

westvirginia_quincywilson_200w_ap_100203.jpg

If you look closely you can see that the number on the guys shoulder is 19 not 26.

The caption on the website for this picture reads

West Virginia running back Quincy Wilson (3) leaps over Miami defensive back Brandon Meriweather as he heads for the end zone for a fourth-quarter score Thursday night. Wilson's touchdown gave the Mountaineers a one-point lead, but a Miami field goal gave the No. 2 Hurricanes a 22-20 home win.

So it was #19, Brandon Meriweather, NOT Sean Taylor, we have been over this on the website before, though many think it was Taylor, it was not.

And Quincy Wilson is a senior, so yes he is entering the draft, he should go anywhere from mid to late second round to even the 4th round. Mainly due to his lack of breakaway speed.

Taylor also discussed that play on his ESPN chat the other day when someone asked him how amazing of a play it was by Wilson and asked what he was doing on that play. He said he was blocked out of that play.

No doubt Quincy Wilson is a beast. I remember he ******* all over VT when we played WVU last year.

Great video of Sean Taylor getting trucked.

The best explanation of how Taylor got dominated on that play(from the horses mouth):

matt (Cleveland): What did you think about that ridiculous run by West Virginia's HB... that was phenomenal...where were you on that jount?

Sean Taylor: I got blocked.

Originally posted by Skins26

Ahh here we go, I found some proof:

Here is Wilson hurdling the guy he just ran over:

westvirginia_quincywilson_200w_ap_100203.jpg

If you look closely you can see that the number on the guys shoulder is 19 not 26.

The caption on the website for this picture reads

So it was #19, Brandon Meriweather, NOT Sean Taylor, we have been over this on the website before, though many think it was Taylor, it was not.

Excellent work, Holmes.

~Watson

Archived