Extremeskins

T0P 5 Redskins

wizskinz

Russ Grimm

John Riggins

Darrell Green

Charles Mann

Joe Jacoby

...and the special 'extra' spot to Chip Lohmiller, who came and visited me in the hospital after I got hit by a car when I was 11. For all of the purported 'bad' people in football these days, it's great to know that guys like Lohmiller exist.

-s

1). Tie... D. Green, J. Riggins

3). Joe Jacoby

4). Charles Mann

5). Jim Lachey/ Ed Simmons (too tough for me to call)

I'm too young to have an intimate knowledge of guys like Baugh, Jurgenson, Kilmer, Taylor, Brown, Huff, Fischer, the list of 80's ans earlier guys goes on and on but they are all BMFT's for me. I'm sure they belong but my list is of those I watched play.

Top 5

5) Gary Clark

4)Sammy Baugh

3) John Riggins

2) Darrell Green

1) Art Monk

This was a Tough question...current players with potential by the end of their careers...C. Portis, F. Smoot, P. Ramsey...and Lavar if he plays up to his potential and decides to :stfu:

1.) Joe Gibbs - he said favorite redskins, not favorite players. Therfore my favorite Redskin of all time is the Leged: King Gibbs.

2.) Sammy Baugh - hall of famer for playing Qb, hall of famer for playing CB, and hall of famer for P/K - special teams. Played all phases of the game, brought us a championship, and was tough.

3.) Darrel Green - Immense talent that played the game forever and always did it with a smile. Wonderful community man as well

4.) Art Monk. Workhorse, dependable, incredible work ethic. Was always a consummate professional while being very humble.

5.) Hogs from 1982 - 1991. There is no way to pick between Lachey, Grimm, Bostic, May, McKenzie, and others who fought in the trenches. They made eachother better by being the ultimate team within the team. Amazing grit. They turned a seldom shining spot on the roster into a hip/cool noticeable group.

Originally posted by BCS: BigContractSnyder

5. Raven Caldwell

Just for one play in the preseason of his rookie year. He was on the bubble and the Turk was breathing down his neck. He had to make the team and he needed to do something spectacular-- and boy did he ever!! Running down the field on kickoff coverage he's hit by another player and his helmet goes flying off into the air. Undetered a now crazed Caldwell proceeded to brutally tackle the ball carrier head first!! In the process he both cemented his place on the final roster and became the feature highlight in sportscasts from coast to coast. His career may have been marred by injury, bad luck, and missed tackles, but for one brief moment he exmplified everything that is best about our beloved sport.

This one's for the Raven Caldwells of the world... :cheers:

One of my best memories of Caldwell was in '88 when we beat the Eagles and Caldwell had 3 sacks of Randall. We were so thin due to injuries we were effectively playing 3-4 that day with Caldwell playing as a stand-up DE, great stuff:applause:

Here's mine, ironically all from pretty much the same era.

5. Wilbur Marshall -Always came up big when we needed him to(too bad we didn't have him for his whole career)

4. Dexter Manley -Relentless

3. Gary Clark -Mr. Playmaker

2. Darrell Green -'Nuff said

1. Art Monk -Exemplifed everything the Redskin's used to be about

Archived