Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D. Russell

Thinking Skins

The way I remember the Russell deal was that after all his problems in Oakland, the skins were giving him another chance to restart his career. He knew his play and additude would be scrutinized every step of the way. Toward the end, it seemed like he either didn't care to play for the skins ( or maybe SOS), or he was backsliding into his previous lifestyle. Either way, I think the skins had short patience for Russell and treated him exactly as they told him they would.:2cents:

The guy got once last chance to prove himself in the league.... the Redskins gave him that chance. What's he do? At the end of the season...after being on the roster for a month... he misses a team meeting and tells the press he got lost on his way to Redskin Park!!!! What's that tell you about the guy? One last chance and he can't find his way to the team facility.

Not a chance....that's not a Gibbs' player.... and certainly shouldn't be a Redskin.

Originally posted by bnacpa

Trotter is the one last year who went public about cell phones in team meetings going off and the complete lack of discipline within the organization. After that, numerous players like Jansen joined in, but Trotter was the first with his frustrations.

I would have to imagine that when a team sees a player airing dirty laundry to the media and it isn't about a business/contract dispute, they have even less tolerance for that kind of thing.

Good for Trotter, he didnt embarrass the redskins by going public, the coaching staff embarrassed the redskins by allowing that to happen, much like a parent is responsible for their children........

Russell's last productive season was 3 or 4 years ago.

why is it so hard for people to just let it go? :)

plenty of guys had a once promising career shortened by drugs or lack of work ethic, etc..

Russell was suspended from the NFL before he came to the Skins but he was not injured.

He could have worked out and come in in reasonable shape, instead he failed to prepare for any kind of future in the NFL by being 40 pounds overweight.

As Doc Walker said on WTEM on friday, why bring in somebody else's problem?

Walker said if a guy can't discipline himself enough to stay in reasonable shape he was no use to a coach like Gibbs that expects 110% out of his players, not merely 80% as some other coaches seem to :D

Originally posted by Joey T

If I recall correctly, when Russell was released, Cerrato said he would NOT be considered a potential Redskin in the future, or thereabouts.

That sounds terminal and we can faggitaboutit:laugh:

Yeah, I heard him say that to George and Sonny...... :rotflmao:

(Say, is the rotfllmao smiley a little faster than usual, or is it just me?)

Archived