Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Information On Kenny Holmes Yet?

I like that the coaches are finding players they know and are comfortable with to fill these depth roles. Williams knows Holmes. Brown is familar to our one of our DB coaches :). Harris and Blanche have been together. Obviously while these guys are nothing more than depth moves, it is nice to know their former coaches want them around.

I'd really like the move for Holmes from a depth perspective and to provide a pretty solid rotation of four ends. None are great, or really, even all that GOOD rushing the passer (though Holmes has some ability there), but as a quartet you have four guys who are starting level players in the NFL to rotate through. Assuming they stay healthy, that will help all of them be a little better and a little fresher when they do get called on.

If a move for Holmes is made, tackle becomes a more immediate priority. The staff must feel Noble will be back to something NEAR full strength. A tandem of Griffin and Noble isn't going to light the world on fire, but, it is similar to a tandem we had and won with in Eric Williams and Tim Johnson with Noble being similar to Williams and Griffin similar to Johnson. What we need is some rotational ability here like those old teams had.

Haley is there, but another guy really needs to be found I think. And, you have to protect yourself against Noble not being back anywhere near full strength. I think the team expects to use Wynn and Daniels at tackle some of the time so that's beneficial. I'd just like to solidify this spot a little more.

No, Die Hard, that doesn't mean I want Sapp :). Well, I do want Sapp, just at $1 million a year :).

Originally posted by redskinsnumber1fan1971

we need to go after sapp . we can get him cheap at this time, he still got two or 3 good years in him

I thought Cincinnati was persuing Sapp at $4 million per year?

:whoknows:

Originally posted by redskinsnumber1fan1971

we need to go after sapp . we can get him cheap at this time, he still got two or 3 good years in him

The WP is already saying that the Skins aren't interested in him. So it looks like he will probably end up in Cincy (who would've ever though the Bengals would be involved in the free agency market)

:pint:

God..not Sapp..please...not Sapp. He is not the answer...not for the money..and not for the remaining talent...we need run support and he can be run right at these days...or should I say over.

No more age on that DL and can we stop signing DE's when we need DT's? Least of all old DE's on the downsides of their careers...no more Bruce Smith syndrome.

Archived