Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey

StevieInferior

Originally posted by FranklinNoble

If our offensive line play doesn't improve, it'll be Ramsey... because Brunell won't be able to stand the beating.

No worries mate!

Scheme and Coach Bugel will make our OL one of the best in the league!

Okay, I’m done trying to second guess Gibb’s and Co., so this is what I’ve resigned to accept: Brunell will be the starter, at least in the beginning of the season because he gives them a better chance to win games. The so-called try out is mostly over. It consisted of the coaches pouring over countless hours of film of Ramsey and Brunell. They have done their due diligence and they have determined that Brunell is better. And by “Better”, I mean he gives them a better chance of winning. “Better” takes in all the things that a QB does during a game. As far as training camp tryouts, there isn’t much opportunity. About thirty minutes of the day is spent actually scrimmaging. Each QB takes four to six reps, and then sits for eight to twelve reps. you might be with the ones (first string), or with the twos. Everything that comes out in those sessions, they already know. And right now they know that Brunell can win more games. For now, I’m gonna trust them and quit worrying about it.

Actually, I don't have a horse in this race.

I agree with those who say ' I'll leave it up to the coaches."

In a new offense, only Gibbs knows whose talent will give us the best chance to win.

Either way, Patrick or Mark should have a better year with a well coached offensive line and the threat of Portis.

Originally posted by coolskin

Okay, I’m done trying to second guess Gibb’s and Co., so this is what I’ve resigned to accept: Brunell will be the starter, . . .For now, I’m gonna trust them and quit worrying about it.

Always look for inconsistent thinking from lazy minds. Coolskin says that he trusts Gibbs. Gibbs says that he will decide the starting QB in training camp. Coolskins implys that he doesn't believe that Gibbs is being honest, that Brunell is the already the starter. Then he says that he trusts Gibbs.

Get your mind right fella. You trust that Gibbs is lying?

:gus:

Love Ramsay's arm and guts but he's not very accurate on a consistent basis. Trade him while his value is high and let Joe bring in someone who he can groom and is willing to be groomed. Rypien and Schroeder weren't exactly household names. Plus, Ramsay isn't the most mobile QB in the league. If he's gonna pout then get him out.

I am just happy we have two QB's that each has a lot to offer.

I have no doubt that we have a coaching staff in place that will play the Qb that gives the Redskins the best chance to win the game on Sunday.

Regardless of how that actually plays out, I know the Redskins are a better team having both players!

Get your mind right fella. You trust that Gibbs is lying?

I could care less what Gibbs says about training camp tryouts. It’s almost ridiculous to believe that a few weeks of touch football is going to take precedence over what they have already done. I believe that they believe that Brunell is the better guy.

few points to make

1. i think ramsey has everything to be a probowl qb

2. HE IS ONLY IN HIS THIRD YEAR! the worst that can happen is he can sit out a year and prolong his carreer by learning the x's and o's better, and lets be honest he is not the best reading qb out there, he's better than a lot, but he still needs development.

3. brunell is one of the best qb's out there, there should be no calling brunell "suspect." he is a bonified starter who can win games.

4. this is a good thing for everybody-better practice competition leads to better game day play, better game day play leads to more wins, more wins leads to hopefully a super bowl ring on pat and mark's hands next year, so can't we all just shut it about the controversy and let them fight it out on the field?

Originally posted by StevieInferior

Glad to know things have died down on that front. Looks like the team is now set for a good old fashion DC QB controversy and I will be rooting for Patrick!!

I'll be rooting for whom ever gives the team the best chance to win.:hump:

Originally posted by kingdaddy

You're assuming Ramsay will be content about holding a clipboard and wearing a brand new Adidas Redskin baseball cap standing next to Boss Hog and Joey G. I don't think he will. Hopefully I'm wrong.

if you are talking to me, i'm not assuming anything. i'm simply saying that i think that it is up to them to step out on the practice field and fight for their position. they both know that gibbs wants to win now and is going to play the better man. patrick seems content in fighting for the postion and thinks he is going to win and so is mark. so once the starter is named, i think they will realize who deserves it more. one thing about football is that when you fight for a position with another guy, you both know who deserves it in the end and you can't argue with that.

Archived