Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins away at Baltimore?

unsonny

The B'more hate definitely seems to be a VA/MD/DC area thing....

I live in the true enemy's back yard, Dall-Fort Worth. So I don't feel the sting of a local rivalry such as DC and B'more.

I definitely hear the taunts and feel the lack of love when I sport my Skin's hat out on the weekends. I don't know how much of that you guys get up there. It seems to be more of a newspaper and message board rivalry.

:40oz::2cents:

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I could've sworn we played the Ravens in Baltimore during their Super Bowl year. Stephen Davis won it 10-3 with a late game TD. I might be mistaken though.

Wrong: Slingin Tony Banks lost this game for Balt by throwing a pick in the end zone at the end of the first half

The 2000 redskins beat both superbowl teams that year.

I am still pi$$ed about the untimely firing of Norval that year. He was fired after a 9-7 loss to the eventual conference champs.

Norv was not an outstanding coach, but I think if he would have been kept in place that year we would have beat dallas in Aikmans final game. The Pittsburgh game that year was awful. I am not sure it could have been salvaged. Sorry guys for being a little long on the tooth here, but I am still going to therapy because of that season right from the minute MCNABB made mark carrier look like a school girl on his long TD run at fed ex to the dallas and pittsburgh debacle.

Originally posted by GEB

The B'more hate definitely seems to be a VA/MD/DC area thing....

I live in the true enemy's back yard, Dall-Fort Worth. So I don't feel the sting of a local rivalry such as DC and B'more.

I definitely hear the taunts and feel the lack of love when I sport my Skin's hat out on the weekends. I don't know how much of that you guys get up there. It seems to be more of a newspaper and message board rivalry.

:40oz::2cents:

They hate us worse

They say J.K.Cooke kept Balmertown from having a Football team.

(kinda the way Balmer is keeping D.C. from having a Baseball team)

but the thing is, Redskins do not need Balmer fans to stay alive...The O's do!

without D.C./Va fans driving up the Parkway, the O's would be in sad shape.

Originally posted by Redskins_Junkie

Hate to break it to ya, but that could describe some Redskin fans too! ;)

only a few.......none from the 4C:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

you'll see when we play in Balmer........they are nasty drunks......whiskey drunks.....no self-respect....and thats the woman i'm talking about

I kid, I kid:tongue: :finger:

Originally posted by bird_1972

On a similar topic, does anyone know how many names are on the waitlist for season tix? I heard they were closing in on 100K since the signing of Gibbs, but that sounded way too high to me.

It's over 100K...I'm one of them, unfortunately! It'll be years before I get the chance to get tix.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Who cares are about the Ravens? I mean, really. It's an AFC team with little or no rivalry in my mind.

Were it not for the Baltimore Washington Parkway, we wouldn't even be talking about Baltimore.

Wrong there, bud. try living near Baltimore. It's enough to make you :puke:

Originally posted by Redskins_Junkie

I don't know, but I think it sucks. In my opinion, the Ravens have 9 "home" games, because Fed Ex is in their backyard and if they can score tix, they basically have what equates to a "home" game. And honestly, the last few Skins games I have attended have had a horrendous showing of REDSKIN fans. Usually the other team and their loud obnoxious fans have taken over Fed Ex!!! Hopefully the true, die hard fans will be out in full force again this year, with the return of Gibbs. I am ready for some RESPECT to return to this organization in general. Time to see the real fans, butts planted in their seats, cheering the Skin's on to victory!!! Hmmm...got a bit side tracked in this topic, I suppose! :D

Amen...Can I get a witness?!!

Nothing pisses me off more than going to Skins games and sitting next to a couple of obnoxious fans of the opposing team....I am sick of these ticket brokers selling there tickets to fans of the other team...there are 75,000 legit Skins fans on the season ticket waiting and yet year after year these brokers suck up all the tickets and sell them for high prices to fans of the other teams...they should find these "Scalpers" and revoke their season tickets...and give them back to the real Skins Fans!!

:soapbox:

Originally posted by unsonny

They hate us worse

Unsonny is exactly right. I lived in Severna Park & Pasadena for 10 years and that is all I heard. The Baltimore Sun and the sports radio guys have historically had it out for anything "Washington". Especially the Redskins.

The biggest fair weather fans in the country. Easily.

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

Originally posted by unsonny

They hate us worse

True 'dat...

I just had a flashback from the 2000 game against the Balmer' Ravens....the parking lot was full and people were tailgating then a rumble in the distance grew louder....There they were...in their Pick up Trucks with no mufflers, camaro's, and Firebirds...Lynrd Sknyrd blaring from the their stereos...Stepping out in their stupid a$$ purple zubaz pants with their purple hard hat's on...mullets and no teeth...with some dumb a$$ cheer about movin' chains...they were ridiculed by Skins fans as we chanted "Barney, Barney, Barney!!" to them...I can't have this again...Skins fans have to step up and use their tickets..don't sell them to the "Barney" people...please!!

Kingsgibbs and 44 are right baltimore fans are the worst obnoxous fans . they trash the redskins every chance they get.

i live in pasadena ,wish i cold drop a @^%$@ bomb on there

stadium ,but the after shock would destroy my house:doh:

:ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck :ravensuck

F%$& the Ravens, Orioles and the City in general...I cant stand the dead fish stench every time i step foot into the inner harbor area...

Q. Whats in a Baltimore fans tailgate package?

A. A six-pack of Budweiser, a carton of Marlboro's, a comb (for their mullet) and a pair of 1980's Zubaz pants...

I'm in the middle of it bigtime!

Was a Colt's fan when they left (it KILLED me) and I needed a team after a year or so of greaving and realizing that we were never gonna get a team on the up and up. So, in this area it was Philly or Redskins.....no real choice there...it HAD to be Redskins. I had always followed the Skins since they were close so it was pretty easy, though hard to watch the Colts in another city.

Have 4 brothers, a sister, Mom and Dad who are Raven fans so it makes for fun Sunday's! :hammer:

They have taken me to a couple Ravens games (when the Skins are playing at a different time, of course) and EVERYTHING you have said about the crowd and the tailgating is true. I will say that the family is not like them, thank god, but they do get all dressed up in the purple Heap jersey's.

The worst part was recently my Mom said about Gibbs "I always liked him, if the Ravens can't win then I will root for the Skin's"

:doh: :shot: :puke:

no good......can't have bandwagoner Mom, sorry.

It is a Baltimoron thing though. They all HATE the Redskins, everywhere I go with Skins stuff on I get "I'll sell you this even though you are a deadskin fan" makes me wanna punch the morons. :box:

:ravensuck

Archived