Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what we now need

method man

Priority 1- sign a decent pass rushing de. does not have to be a star, just a reasonably good player. i am thinking of eric hicks of the chiefs. only 5 sacks last year. but 31.5 over past 4 seasons. will be 28 by the time season begins. could be signed to a relatively cheap contract. a local boy also from maryland

Best Alternatives: bert berry, marcellus wiley

Priority 2- get a big massive run stuffing NT. i believe the best NTs are in the draft, isaac sopoaga and marcus tubbs. the ones in FA are a bit onedimensional. because we dont have a second rounder we must upgrade through FA. that means we sign sam adams. he will be 31 by the time the season starts, so a shortterm (3years?) deal is in order. he is 335 pounds but had 5 sacks last season.

Best Alternative: Keith Traylor, Jermaine Haley

Priority 3- get a starting tight end. this means signing the best one available, which is erron kinney. he is a big TE. good blocker and a good receiver. gibbs starts two tight ends, so one is

Originally posted by method man

Priority 1- sign a decent pass rushing de. does not have to be a star, just a reasonably good player. i am thinking of eric hicks of the chiefs. only 5 sacks last year. but 31.5 over past 4 seasons. will be 28 by the time season begins. could be signed to a relatively cheap contract. a local boy also from maryland

Best Alternatives: bert berry, marcellus wiley

Priority 2- get a big massive run stuffing NT. i believe the best NTs are in the draft, isaac sopoaga and marcus tubbs. the ones in FA are a bit onedimensional. because we dont have a second rounder we must upgrade through FA. that means we sign sam adams. he will be 31 by the time the season starts, so a shortterm (3years?) deal is in order. he is 335 pounds but had 5 sacks last season.

Best Alternative: Keith Traylor, Jermaine Haley

Priority 3- get a starting tight end. this means signing the best one available, which is erron kinney. he is a big TE. good blocker and a good receiver. gibbs starts two tight ends, so one is

Perfectly stated!

:applause:

But you forgot the icing on the cake...SEAN TAYLOR!

Then with all the fore-mentioned we will be complete, and I will be completely EXCITED! :D

Kinney signed back with the Titans.

What I think we need now is to define what direction we will go in the draft. We don't have to announce this but it should reveal itself through free agency. If we go for Grant, we are almost certain to go with defensive line or TE. If we sign Wiley and Rasby, we're almost certain to hope for Taylor.

Here's one problem. Planning for Taylor OR Winslow is hard to do. Either or both could be taken before we pick. Perhaps that's not tremendously likely, but it is possible. Therefore our safest move is to plan on taking a defensive lineman in the draft. We KNOW we'll get one of those. We can fill tight end and safety in free agency if we feel safety is a legitimate need.

Screw safe. :laugh:

One or the other, Taylor or KWJ will be there when we pick. KW (if he lives up to the hype) would give us possibly the most complete offense in the NFL. Taylor along with our other additions on defense could be the playmaker that makes us say "champ who?"

Either way, the addition of one would help me get over the loss of the other.

:cool:

Archived