Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DOnnie Warren Just Said

I saw that too. He said you can quote that, you heard it from me. Uh oh. Did Gibbs tell Warren something??

It would be smart too, cause our first rounder next year will be #32, so thats not worth too much anyways.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

exciting.

The only player that is worth taking in the 5 spot in the draft at the current moment is Sean Taylor, provided the selections before the #5 pick go according to plan. If I have two picks in a draft, I don't care how good of a player you are, I certainly would not pick a safety there. I just don't see it being the biggest "impact" position on a football team.

Personally, I don't think we are in a desperate position to select a safety either. Let's see what Bowen, Ohalete, and any FA signing can do in front of an improved defensive line.

Originally posted by DraftNik

You cannot trade a first-rounder next year for a top-10 pick this year. You can't even trade a first-rounder next year for a first-rounder this year at all, in all likelihood.

You have no clue about the draft do you, and with your name having draft in it is pretty funny.

How do you think the Ravens were able to get their QB last year in the first round ;)

They traded their number one this year for a number one last year. A lot of teams do this when the feel they have to have a certain player this year and do not worry about the following year.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

More like..

Sign Deon Grant and Warrick Holdman

Trade down to #10 for the Texans' 2nd rounder.

Choose Udeze and Chad Lavalais.

Congratulations, your defense is now complete.

I hear ya...Sounds perfect to me!

I would definitely trade our 1st round pick next year for Ogunleye. Not too sure the Fins would go for it, though.

That would still give us the choice of drafting Sean Taylor or trading down. I could also live with the Zen man's philosophy. :D

Hey, jbooma. The Ravens traded their 2004 first round pick AND their 2003 2nd round pick to New England for the 19th pick to select Boller.

When teams accept deal including a future year's draft pick, it almost always includes a pick in the present year, too.

Archived