Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

an unwelcome thought....

fansince62

sorry all......but i'ld just assume we punted on the final 2 games. 6-10 and a few wins by others (already in progress) jumps us potentially 6-7 spots and into the top 10 for the draft.

can you believe the boys? they beat a good SF team today. perhaps they aren't as bad as imagined. perish the thought, but we might be on parallel paths in terms of competitiveness.

Parellel paths? That's being kind to the Redskins IMO.

The Cowboys swept us this year and are only a game back in the win-loss department (assuming a loss tonight). Their much-villified QB Quincy Carter, has looked better each week and the arguement can be made that he has a had a very solid rookie season-- one which provides promise for the future. The have a tough offensive line that should only get better and they have several young defensive players that fly around the field and make plays.

They played this entire season with a youthful exuberance and were competitive in all but a few games.

I'm not sure what to think of Dave Campo, but in general, his teams were prepared, passionate, and accountable all season long-- he seems to get the most out of the roster he has been given.

Jerry Jones' ego has certainly retarted the rebuilding process in Dallas, however, his acquisitions for this year look pretty decent and if he can improve his draft track record, they could contend for the East Title next year with the way the NFL is today.

Despite the past two seasons, the Cowboys are still an organization of intrigue--- I "expect" them to win (year in and year out)--- which is 100% opposite of the way I feel about the Redskins.

The Cowboys have tons of cap room this off-season, and players will still want to play there. There is certainly a different "aura" surrounding the Cowboys than that of the Redskins. If I had to set aside my personal allegience and put myself in a draftees position-- I would MUCH rather get drafted by the Cowboys than the Redskins.

IMO, the Cowboys are well ahead in terms of progress than we are are at this point. They are just now finishing up their "rock bottom" season-- and it wasn't all that bad. They can now look forward to trying to add some pieces abd at least make a solid wild card run next year.

In the meantime, we're still trying to figure out if we should clean house (coaching staff)......again.......and start from scratch.......again!

Glaze over it however you like--- the Washington Redskins have become a losing organization that is totally stuck in the mud and has problems that go well beyond their roster, owner, staff, etc..... it is a problem that permeates the entire organization, including the fanbase. We've been infected with the "losing bug" and it is going to take a serious coach/GM to turn it around.

I am now getting close to certain that Marty is not and never will be, our answer.

Parellel paths? I wish.

Kleese, you've made a repeated attempt at lumping the Redskins as a losing organization along the lines of the Bengals. In fact, you are overstating the disappointment by a pretty wide margin. The Redskins have not fulfilled much of the potential they have had, but, the Redskins have still been 9-7, 8-7-1, 6-10, 10-6, 8-8 and whatever we end up now the last several years.

In fact, we aren't a losing organization in the slightest. We are, however, a team that is mired in mediocre play and we need to find a way to get out of it, without becomming the organization you keep talking about.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

I don't care if we finish last in the east. Fourth place, fifth place. They both suck. I'd rather have a higher pick in the draft than win 2 meaningless games.

I don't think we'll mail it in though. After we were mathematically eliminated last year, we played like the SuperBowl champs we were supposed to be.

Archived