Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Armstead to be released...

SmootDawg21

I like this move, and I'm an Armstead fan and supporter. With Trotter and Arrington in the fold, it makes sense to bring in a rookie or young FA who's potential is rising than Armstead's is falling.

More so, I hope Arrington is moved to Weakside and a replacement is found for the strongside.

I like Holdman but really liked Armstead. He has another solid year left in him and I don't think he would have been a huge hit on the cap. I don't like the move.

The talk of bringing in Holdman or someone else from another team is pretty indicative of what the new staff thinks of Peirce.

I like Armstead too, but you can't really complain about the move. Armstead is at the end of his career, and was scheduled to make 1.5 million dollars this year. It is the last year of his contract, so there's no SB acceleration.

Basically, everyone on the defensive side of the ball is dirt cheap right now except for:

Lavar

Trotter

Wynn

Upshaw and Bowen have mid-level contracts, although in retrospect Upshaw seems to have been a waste of $$$. But if people wonder why we still seem to have cap space, that's why. And Trotter and Wynn will most likely be cut after next season, or forced to take pay cuts.

Originally posted by CTaylor42

:(

I'm sorry to hear this. I thought Jesse was a class act.

Class act without par.

However, his play had deteriorated to subpar. Lots of tackles but for lots of yards gained. I've been saying he needs to go for quite some time.

Guess Gibbs and Williams don't seem to agree that our D is stocked with "talent" as others have argued. I'll continue to go with their judgment.

Two words: Clifton Smith. I know he was a middle linebacker at Syracuse but I think he will make the transition well. He has good size and wieght ( 6'3" 251 lbs.) as well as good speed (ranging from 4.65-4.75). His senior year at Syracuse he had 137 tackles in 12 games. He's a tough tackler and has a lot of intelligence for the game. I've liked him from day one and was real glad that we picked him up. I hope he gets some PT this year.

Originally posted by SkinzFan007

Two words: Clifton Smith. I know he was a middle linebacker at Syracuse but I think he will make the transition well. He has good size and wieght ( 6'3" 251 lbs.) as well as good speed (ranging from 4.65-4.75). His senior year at Syracuse he had 137 tackles in 12 games. He's a tough tackler and has a lot of intelligence for the game. I've liked him from day one and was real glad that we picked him up. I hope he gets some PT this year.

No doubt. I have been screaming for this guy since training

camp. Everytime he was in the game he was around the ball.

he will be a playmaker. But, I do prefer him at MLB.

Archived