Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Framing the debate for the remainder of the offseason.

Art

I think Flow, among our visitors, and Al, Chet and a couple of dozen others among our regulars have an interesting offseason they have to experience this year.

Answering questions that will be asked the remainder of the offseason will be interesting to watch.

Has Brunell been guaranteed the job as the Redskins starting QB?

From a group of people too proud or too stupid to allow reality to creep into their thought process, the answer is, yes, Brunell has been guaranteed the job. Look at his paycheck. Lenny says so. It's so obvious.

From the other side, we have an interview by Brunell saying something else. Direct quotes from Brunell's agent saying something else. Direct quotes from Gibbs saying something else.

Will Ramsey be in a Redskins uniform next year?

From that group of lost souls, of course not. Lenny doesn't think so and neither does Clayton. I mean, how would you feel to be benched. Obviously he'll be traded.

Meanwhile, we have direct evidence to the contrary from actual decision makers for the Redskins.

On and on it goes. The only thing certain is there appears to be a group of people here who simply REQUIRE us to believe THEY know more about the decision making in Washington -- through invaluable information given us by Lenny the Hutt, John Clayton, Don Banks, et. al. -- than do the actual decision makers and main players in our decisions do.

Lenny knows more about the competition for a starting job in Washington than does Mark Brunell, I guess. I wonder how long it will take for people to see through the idiocy of these sorts of statements and simply realize that no matter how you feel it matters absolutely not at all when countered with actual information from people on the inside.

Guess who's winning the debate when we have the debate fellas? You with Lenny as your front man or me with Joe?

Thinking outside the box, perhaps, Om. A trademark of these folks is that sort of unconventional thinking. Or that's what they'll tell you. They'll ignore the box, especially those with actual quote marks around them, in favor of a tortured piece revolving around how hot shrimp might be.

Well said brother Art. Well said indeed. :notworthy

Let me state for the record and for the benifit of the future generations which will no doubt closely examine every word we write here that I am now and will continue to be one thing and only one thing until I draw my last breath on this wretched plane...

I am an Englishman! Er uhm wrong play.

I meant to say that...

I AM A JOE JACKSON GIBBS MAN-- RIGHT DOWN THE LINE!!

:hump: :applause: :cheers:

The best I can say is what I know about the redskins I have learned from Extremeskins. Reading the Washinton Post and Times online gives one a very limited understanding of what is going on. Being out of the Washington area I never hear the rumors and things from the TV shows.

I also have noticed that there are several different people who post that I pay more attention to and Art is one of them. Let the debate begin.

The fact is Brunell should be given the starting job based on career performance and overall ability. Ramsey hasn't accomplished jack......look at his career numbers and yet you people want to leave this team to a rookie qb essentially? Let's make a bet here and now that Brunell wins the starting slot outright.......let's see how many of you Ramsey nuts have the cahones to do so. Put your money where your mouth is. Quit using anecdotal phrases to justify your hero Patrick Ramsey. If you have the cahones then let's make a real bet here and now.

Originally posted by SKINZ_DOMIN8

The fact is Brunell should be given the starting job based on career performance and overall ability. Ramsey hasn't accomplished jack......look at his career numbers and yet you people want to leave this team to a rookie qb essentially? Let's make a bet here and now that Brunell wins the starting slot outright.......let's see how many of you Ramsey nuts have the cahones to do so. Put your money where your mouth is. Quit using anecdotal phrases to justify your hero Patrick Ramsey. If you have the cahones then let's make a real bet here and now.

The main problem with the Brunell will be the starter over Ramsey argument is that those who support this theory lay no credance to the words of Gibbs saying there will be an open competition for the starting QB spot. They just assume that Brunell is the starter based on contract alone. It has never been that way with Joe Gibbs and no matter how many times us Gibbs supporters tell you that or for that matter Gibbs himself tells everyone that, the naysayers fail/refuse to believe that. If Brunell is the starter on opening day,it won't be because it was handed to him. He will have earned it. Same with Ramsey.

Umm...no, that's not the fact. The FACT is that there will be an open competition to start, as stated 4000 times. Brunell is the favorite to win the spot b/c of his experience, but I have a feeling that Ramsey is going to make it a close battle and maybe even win the spot. I just think he's going to seriously bust his ass during the offseason and come in very sharp.

The real question is: Who would you rather be the starting qb of the Redskins????? The easy no-brainer is Brunell who is a consumate professional in all areas: talent, experience, maturity, and LEADERSHIP of which Ramsey has none. Does anyone remember how the team would rally behind Hasselbeck and not Ramsey each time he got planted into the turf?

If the Redskins want to win they will start Brunell. Pure and simple, case closed, end of story.

See. Another case of missing the point. This is a league that tends to operate on the premise of "what have you done to me lately?". See, if you're Mark Brunell, you sat down for most of the last season. In other words, he hasn't done jack. His stats speak for themselves, but that was 2 seasons ago. If you're Patrick Ramsey, you played hurt and then missed the last few games of the season.

If this was S.S.'s team, then more than likely as the incumbant, Patrcick would be the starter. However, Joe Gibbs is now the new coach and all bets are off. Patrick isn't going to be handed the job because he was here last year or for all the reasons that coach Gibbs said made him a great young prospect. Brunell, ( should the deal go through), is not going to be handed the job simply beause he was, and possibly still is a fine QB in the NFL. Nope. Going to have compete and earn it. So says Joe. No woulda,coulda, shoulda's.

:cheers:

SD,

I think you've taken your anti-Ramsey to the extreme. So extreme you've allowed yourself to simply appear out of touch and ignorant.

I agree with you that I see Brunell as a superior player to Ramsey as we speak this day. He's been more accurate and efficient as a QB than Ramsey has, and he's got the experience required to lead a team. But, that's not to suggest ramsey is without talent, experience, maturity or leadership.

Ramsey does have talent. More talent at this stage than that of Brunell, with a bigger arm and faster release. Ramsey is young, but he has good experience for a young player. He probably knows more than any other second-year player about reading defenses and running an offense given the nature of Spurrier's offense.

He is mature beyond his years. We'll see how that manifests as this story unfolds, but, he is very calm and poised as a QB which is a measure of maturity that you have to appreciate when you see it.

If the Redskins want to win, though, they play the QB who plays the best. Pure and simple, case closed, end of story. They don't play your favorite guy. They don't play the young guy. They play who performs better in camp and preseason. They play who has picked up the offense better. The guy who makes the best decisions and reads. The guy who accurately gets the ball to where Gibbs needs it to go.

While I believe that will be Brunell immediately, I do think Ramsey has the ability to be a real surprise in this race because he has talent enough to be very good in this offense with the right coaching around him.

Let's hope Brunell can last a whole season. I feel that we got ripped off in this deal. If Brunell was so good Jacksonville wouldn't have been so agressive last year to get his replacement. We got damaged goods, and we keep wearing these rose colred galsses that this Brunell is the same qb he use to be. Do we really need a QB controversy again. Haven't we learned from the B. Johnson and Jeff George situation. All Brad did was win a Super Bowl. I would hate PR to do the same on another team. Brunell doesn't have an arm or knees, which Ramsey does.

The real question is: Who would you rather be the starting qb of the Redskins????? The easy no-brainer is Brunell who is a consumate professional in all areas: talent, experience, maturity, and LEADERSHIP of which Ramsey has none. Does anyone remember how the team would rally behind Hasselbeck and not Ramsey each time he got planted into the turf?

If the Redskins want to win they will start Brunell. Pure and simple, case closed, end of story.

Um...no again. I don't think you'd see the point here if somebody stabbed you in the eye with it. The real question here is who's going to win the spot. You're right that Brunell has the edge, but both guys are starting from zero and nothing is predetermined.

Archived