Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading Champ Makes No Sense

Originally posted by fansince62

smoot is not the answer. never will be. strictly second team.

Ok, what about Charles Woodson. And yea, in a year or two, Smoot could very well start. He has the speed, the hands, and the mouth to be a starter, just not right now. Smoot had several key ints this year, and lead the team in ints this year, and has proven to my atleast that he can be a leader on this football team. All he needs is time, he doesn't have to be the answer now. shoooot.

------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

you look back at Dexter McCleon, Otis Smith, Tyronne Poole as starting corners on Super Bowl winners the past 5 years and you are going to try and tell me the team can't win with Smoot on one side and a capable veteran FA on the other? :laugh:

come on folks.

even when Gibbs was here the last time we won in 1982 with Jeris White, Joe Lavender and rookie Vernon Dean at corner :)

Originally posted by bulldog

you look back at Dexter McCleon, Otis Smith, Tyronne Poole as starting corners on Super Bowl winners the past 5 years and you are going to try and tell me the team can't win with Smoot on one side and a capable veteran FA on the other? :laugh:

come on folks.

even when Gibbs was here the last time we won in 1982 with Jeris White, Joe Lavender and rookie Vernon Dean at corner :)

Good point, but the last time we won was in the '91 season. I believe u mean the first time we won, right? Its no biggie tho, just wanted to make sure. :)

--------------------------------

"Bruce gone, that's about 4 mill gone. 4 mill. Salary cap goes up to $80. $12 mill. We cut a few people and restructuring Samuels contract, between 4 to 6 mill or more. $16 mill. And Champs franchise money, $6.8 mill. Grand total, $23 mill. I said $21 because if i was wrong i knew it would be more then i predicted. See, we got money, and were gonna use it in whatever way neccessary to make us a Championship team. That's with or without champ."

The salary cap was expected to be around 78 or 79 million, so it going up to 80 gives us 1 million not 12. Also, there is no guarantee that we can rework Samuels contract and we don't know how much money we will save if we do that.

Originally posted by Riggins Seventy Chip

The salary cap was expected to be around 78 or 79 million, so it going up to 80 gives us 1 million not 12. Also, there is no guarantee that we can rework Samuels contract and we don't know how much money we will save if we do that.

What? That doesn't make sense? How do we only have $1 mill?! If the cap is $72 mill, and at the start of FA its $80, then that's at least $8 mill right there. Bruce, $4 mill, gone. And even if we don't restructure Samuels contract u know a lot of people are goin to get cut( Namely our entire d-line except maybe Martin and Holsey). There's no freakin way we would only have $1 mill in cap space, or we wouldn't even be talking about getting d-line!

-----------------------------------

Champ has never really made game changing plays. He doesn't make the plays that carry the team to victory. I can remember a few games where he came up with some instrumental plays for the victory (NE last year, Arizona his rookie year I think he picked off 3 passes and returned one for a TD, and there might be a couple more I forgot).

So what you have to ask yourself is this, is Champ Bailey worth the same amount of money in a contract as Randy Moss, who can basically single handedly win you a ball game. I don't think so, Snyder doesn't think so, Gibbs doesn't think so, and I doubt that anybody this side of Detroit will think so. So in the end Champ will end up signing a contract with the Redskins similar to the one given to Arrington.

Archived