Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick a Jones

dent19

Well, if the Skins picked Greg Jones with the 5th pick in the draft I think I might have to quit being a Redskins fan. That would be the most retarded move in Dan Snyder's questionable career. He just ain't worth the fifth pick.

Now, if the Skins drafted him with the 2nd round pick or a late first rounder I would love that move. But he isn't the sort of impact player that needs to be drafted in the top 5 and will command a $12-15 million signing bonus.

I'm hoping for two or three # 1 picks this year. If we get two, take a defensive player first, then grab the remaining Jones.

If both are available I'd take Kevin, he's faster and can catch. He is a Tomlinson type back, and that's the best kind there is.

Greg has a stiff upper body and isn't the fastest back in the world, this makes me wonder about his potential in the much faster world of NFL defense. However in a Gibbs system he should do fine if not great.

2 nd (two picks) take a cornerback, of which there are a few god ones this year, and a d-line man.

The more I think about the Champ Trade the more I like getting Detroit's 6th and 37th pick. Get Sean Taylor with the 5th pick, trade down to the 11th pick and take KJ. Then hope either DeAngelo Hall, Gamble or Marcus Poole (all CBs) has a crappy Combine work out and falls to 37th which we picked up from Detroit. Then take Marcus Tubbs DT from Texas at the 42nd pick (our own).

At the end of the day if we ever get the 5th and 6th pick from Detroit I say we go for the best athlete that high up. A Defensive tackle that high is no slam dunk in this draft..look at what happened to the Jets with Robertson and Courtney Brown a few years ago.

Of course we would have to trade for Ted Washington from NE and hope to land Kearse.

Mabye too much wishful thinking but that would be great.

Originally posted by TheSchwartz

Well, if the Skins picked Greg Jones with the 5th pick in the draft I think I might have to quit being a Redskins fan. That would be the most retarded move in Dan Snyder's questionable career. He just ain't worth the fifth pick.

No chance we pick him at 5. I've been skeptical of some of our recent picks (i.e. Taylor Jacobs) but I don't think there is any chance Snyder and Co. could be that thick headed.

Greg Jones is the guy to get. I subscribe to the "it takes 2 years to come back from a knee injury" school. Therefore, he should be back at 100% for next season. I think he will be the most productive back taken this year, provided he has an opportunity to play.

Archived