Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Too Many Clarett Haters....

Hogwash

No Hogwash, you called the poster in question a racist. And later took his comment even further and said he hated on Clarett because he was black. that was proven for the most part to be false. so don't come over to this thread trying to score up some type of support for what was as ignorant of a statement than what you accused the one poster of making. And misrepresenting what was actually said doesn't help either. Nobody "hates" you Hogwash, there's just some of us, ( a couple on this thread even), who would appreciate it if you wouldn't be so quick to throw out the race card.

The only reason to play college football is to get some experiance, scout attention, and to divid time into getting a degree.

But why should players who are being contacted out of high school go to college?

They don't need a degree right away, since they will already have a sorce of income, if they are being contacted, there is no need to play college ball to get noticed, and experiance can be gained through Camp, PS time, and NFLE.

Why should players be forced into a system where they get nothing, but the Universities profit off their work?

Sigh. In this thread, You put race into the debate. You and you alone. That's 2 times you've called someone a racist Hogwash and bothe times you were way out of line. Nobody's using race but you. and did you or did you not just say this in the other thread.

Originally posted by Hogwash

I'm not out to fight racism. In fact I grew up in a house full of racists. I grew up with the seeds implanted in my head, and It wasn't untill i got out into the real world in the Army that I learned to think for myself. The comment reminded me of my ignorant parents and I went off..

Let's get back to the topic at hand please.

Well. Is that truly what you want to do or do you want to go though htis whole song and dance here as well?

if you look at the times, this thread was started after the first comment in the other one was made. And I thought that it was the same poster who i called out in the other thread.

It turned out to be another guy. So my appologies to the guy in this thread that I called out.

I think his character issues are valid concerns when it comes to deciding whether you use one of your draft picks on the guy. Sure he's got talent, talent that I am not convinced we need.

If we were a team that didn't have five RB on the roster already, you'd have to lok at him. A team like Dallas has to look at him because of the dearth of talent that have at the position. We don't have to look at him.

As far as Barry Sanders goes, believe it or not, yes I would have passed on him, and only for the reason that he didn't fit what we did here in Washington, and I don't believe in drafting a player who doesn't fit regardless of how talented he is. Same as I don't agree with drafting a player just so someone else can't. You only have 7 picks.

I also don't recall Barry Sanders being suspended by his team for possible NCAA violations, causing his team to possibly be investigated for said violations, for filing bogus insurance claims for things he couldn't possibly afford under NCAA regs, among other things.

In case it need be pointed out, Barry Sanders for all his flash and dash never did squat when it mattered, and was always, and I mean ALWAYS humbly ejected from the playoffs. Throw that in with the fact he engaged in several nasty contract holdouts with the Lions and eventually ended up quitting on them the day before camp was to start with no prior notice.

Character matters.

And I don't really think Clarett's character is mature enough.

~Bang

In the NFL one player can't carry a team like they do in college. If Sanders would have come to a place like Washington or Dallas then he would have been a multiple super bowl winner and he would have 20,000 yards by the time he retired in 98.

It's a logical point to say that he's not mature enough to handle NFL life. I don't think any 19-20 year old person is mature enought to handle the financial aspect alone.

But that's where coaching and other means of intervention come in.

I've seen some very mature 18 to 20 year olds and very immature 40 to 50 yr olds.

Clarett is 21 and part of his problem is envy of his boy LeBron.

He wont have a coronation into the NFL but he is the curt flood of the league and hats off to him.

As I've said there is no such thing as sanctity and purity when it comes to the NCAA.

Corporate takeover ACC pumpin the Big East

They are about getting paid and enjoying its sweat shop labor environment and dont bring up the education angle because if the athletes were there for the education they could ve went the student loan route

You have a great point about the NCAA.

I posted my thoughts about the same issue in another thread.

But do think the NFL should be allowed to say who goes in and who deosn't. After all they're a business too.

It sucks that Clarett is gettin the blame for violating the "sanctity" of college football.

he justs wants to cash in now.

i doubt he could actually go to school and play football, not that bright of a kid. hell, during their NCAA Championship run he was receiving favorable grades from a teacher, for work he never performed, or something of that ilk....

Clarett was never proven to be receiving favorable grades from the NCAA investigation and the other charges were reduced. As far as cashing in who in the NFL is not???

What would everyone say if Joe drafts him??? Would you all hate Joe too??

Would you no longer be Redskins fans??

Give me a break.

Since the NFL said it will appeal this decision, and it will probably try to block the ruling before the April draft, I think it would be absolutely perfect if NONE of the teams drafted him or showed much of an interest.

Just because the judge has ruled him eligible, does NOT mean he HAS to be drafted. That would make a statement.

I realize that won't happen, but can you imagine the impact if it did.

Blondie

Originally posted by Hogwash

Grambling? so you're saying that's where a black player belongs? interesting.

umm no... this is where jim brown suggested he go to, because he would be "toughened up" and as a division 2a skool he would not have to sit out a year. yes the judge decided to turn the nfl into the nba but she would not have had to decide this if clarett had not brought up the lawsuit

No need to be sorry m.m. since you were who the accusation was pointed at, you have a right to make your point. Regardless of whether it was already said or not and despite an apology. tis over now though and you're good man for accepting.

:cheers:

I like the way you think Blondie:

Originally posted by Blondie:

Since the NFL said it will appeal this decision, and it will probably try to block the ruling before the April draft, I think it would be absolutely perfect if NONE of the teams drafted him or showed much of an interest.

Just because the judge has ruled him eligible, does NOT mean he HAS to be drafted. That would make a statement.

I realize that won't happen, but can you imagine the impact if it did.

Your reasoning is sound, but doesn't work in todays' PC genre.

Still, you get kudos from me:cool: :laugh:

Archived