Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

William Green anyone?

goldenster95

According to the Browns insider site, Green's DUI bust and subsequent league suspension has him skating on thin ice . . . the site also speaks of rumblings that he might get cut, though they may have to take around a $1.6 M cap hit this season . . . the Browns site indicated that in speaking with Butch Davis late last season, the odds of him returning were 50/50 . . . Green is 6'0", 221, and runs a 4.6 40 . . . he just turned 24 last month . . .

Here's the latest from the Browns site, which makes Green's status all the more precarious for him . . .

RB Lee Suggs is the starter by default because William Green's future is uncertain. That, and by virtue of his season finale, when he ran for 186 yards against the Bengals.

Thing is, teams don't like giving away 1st rounders after their second season. The more important question is "Lee Suggs anyone?" He showed he as healthy after the injury, and he could easily be had for a third rounder. He has 1st round talent, don't really know why he slipped last year. We should pursue trading for him.

Originally posted by dcogan1820

Thing is, teams don't like giving away 1st rounders after their second season. The more important question is "Lee Suggs anyone?" He showed he as healthy after the injury, and he could easily be had for a third rounder. He has 1st round talent, don't really know why he slipped last year. We should pursue trading for him.

As much as I love Suggs and love to see a Hokie other than Bruce Smith on the 'Skins, he's 6 flat and 200 pounds . . . that's too little for Gibbs . . .

Originally posted by doubledeuce

Green has been in trouble since his days at Boston College.

When he was at BC, he had the size, speed and strength, but he couldn't follow team rules, and he didn't like to block.

As much as I'd like to see an Eagle on the Redskins roster,

he's not worth the headache.

I 2nd that. BC probably would have beaten Miami a couple years ago had Green not messed up and got suspended before the game. He's as talented as any RB in the league he just has a 10 cent head. Probably due to the really rough childhood he had.

Lee Suggs would be better, but after that huge game he has the last week of the regular season against the Bengals(26 carries for 186 yards and 2 TDs, including a 78 yard gallop up the middle for one of those TDs in the 2nd quarter), the Browns will probally hang on to him to back up William Green in case Green isn't able to get himself straight

I always liked Green and would welcome him here.

Gibbs proved he can handle people with "questionable" pasts.

I wouldn't put Will Green in the dumpster just yet. He's 24. All i know is that he's been caught with weed a few times. Only difference btw him any just about everyone else in the NFL is that he gets caught.

Archived