Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens

Ernie5

Terrell Owens, who can become a unrestricted free agent and isn't expected to return to the 49ers, could be headed to Philadelphia for a first-round draft choice, speculates the San Jose Mercury-News. The Eagles are badly in need of an upgrade at the receiver position, and Owens has the size and ability to run after the catch that the West Coast offense craves.

Am I missing something? If he becomes a UFA and is not franchised by the 49ers (something I don't think they'll do b/c they'll want to use that tag for Julian Peterson), why would the Eagles need to trade a #1 for him? Wouldn't they just sign him? Of course, they won't anyway b/c they're cheap.

Anyway -- I must be missing something here.

Originally posted by Ernie5

Terrell Owens, who can become a unrestricted free agent and isn't expected to return to the 49ers, could be headed to Philadelphia for a first-round draft choice, speculates the San Jose Mercury-News. The Eagles are badly in need of an upgrade at the receiver position, and Owens has the size and ability to run after the catch that the West Coast offense craves.

Am I missing something? If he becomes a UFA and is not franchised by the 49ers (something I don't think they'll do b/c they'll want to use that tag for Julian Peterson), why would the Eagles need to trade a #1 for him? Wouldn't they just sign him? Of course, they won't anyway b/c they're cheap.

Anyway -- I must be missing something here.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he's saying the Eagles trade for him before he officially hits the market so no one else even has a chance. (If that's even possible, not sure when the contract and trading dates are).

Please let Philly sign him and bring down their entire team. That could be the final nail in the coffin. He has a boatload of talent, but he is a baby. The Local coverage of him here had me sick to my stomach. Of course it could be a "change of scenery" situation where Philly is the perfect fit, but in a city like Philly where the fans/media will turn on you at the drop of a hat, I just dunno how he would fare.

I say let Philly sign him, not that they won't if they don't have my blessing, but Owens is not a Character Guy, he cares only about himself, just think how much he whined about Garcia when he was struggling, McNabb didn't turn it on till at least game five, dissention will occur if anything goes wrong in Philly, He would dramatically improve their pathetic recieving core though, it would definately be a tradeoff for philly.

man Dillon to Dallas and Owens to Philly, Gibbs to Washington and Coughlin to NY, the East is going to be one tough division.

The rest of the NFC East better look out if Owens goes to Philly (a move that I have been calling for a long time). The Philly FO owes McNabb a weapon or two. However, I really believe that despite it being the ovbious move, Philly might not pull the trigger and Owens will end up in somewhere cooky like Arizona, Chicago or Jacksonville.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I like TO, I think his antics are entertaining and he can back it up.

I wouldn't want him to go to Philly though. Besides he is not that good at diving to the dirt, so I don't think he meshes with McNabbs throwing style

So you're saying that you find a player throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines in the middle of a game entertaining?

That's pathetic, and bush-league. The guy is Keyshawn with a fraction more talent.

TO will be about as effective as Peerless Price was this year with Atlanta. You need more than one receiver to have a worthy corps. Teams will just double him up, no one on Philly is even close to what Tai Streets was, and he was purely mediocre.

TO is a Cancer.... there is no cure for cancer, it's not even something that St. Joe can fix.

My predicton for TO is that he'll become an NFL journeyman, spending one or two year stints with various teams before he retires early and gets a job hosting a talk show on FOX.

I'd hardly consider Ricky Watters a dud in Philly. He got off to a rough start, but worked his way back. Under Gruden he was part of one of the league's best offenses, with Ty Detmer at QB.

TO in Philly is a mixed bag. Positives are that he knows how to win and won't put up with the BS psychological crap the Eagles will be going through next year. He has respect for McNabb - he's been to Arizona with him to train in the off-season. He would provide the Eagles with an attitude, as he definitely doesn't fit the Andy Reid mold. He also knows the WCO. On the negative side, he's 30, wants a ton of money, and has the dropsies. The Eagles already have receivers who can drop the ball effectively. Of course, TO also brings a boat-load of talent.

Reid just may go after him if he thinks TO is the missing ingredient to winnning the Super Bowl.

I also agree that he alone is not enough. Mitchell might be able to handle the #2 job, but he's just started to develop in the slot. The Eagles have the cap room to sign another mid-level #1. If that happens, and they don't get crushed by injuries next year as they did this year, they will be a difficult team to beat. Picture the Eagles with McNabb (completing 60% of his passes at least next season), TO, Kevin Johnson (or someone like him) Freddie Mitchell, LJ Smith/Chad Lewis, Westbrook/Buckhalter and the returning o-line. That's a real good offense.

Originally posted by Hogwash

So you're saying that you find a player throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines in the middle of a game entertaining?

That's pathetic, and bush-league. The guy is Keyshawn with a fraction more talent.

What are you smoking? Let's see what areas he's superior to Keyshawn in: size, speed, strength, hands, overall playmaking ability, clutch performance (The Catch II, anyone), maybe not blocking, but can't be far off from Key. Overall, TO is twice, no, THREE times the player Keyshawn is. And his attitude is different. He's more of a team player. He may be selfish and he may ***** and moan, but in the end he's about the team, and he wants nothing but to win.

In light of my comments, a revelation. My new theory. Sign TO, trade Rod for something we need (or a pick to get something we need), and we'll be the uber-offense. I read somewhere in this board that we have room for 2 Kearse-type contracts. TO would be one, Kearse would be the other. Boom.

I don't agree with the "TO is a cancer"

Yea he had some words and was emotional on the sidelines, lots of players do that.

Chris Carter and Moss come to mind.

It doesn't mean he is not one hell of a player. That guy works out like nobodys business and lays it out there on game day. He can be a game breaker and someone the defense has to plan for.

Keyshawn Johnson doesn't even come close to his skills.

http://www.terrellowens.com/forum/index.php

You need to register to read anything.

A few of his posts:

I FEEL YA! BUT N FOOTBALL, NOTHIN BUT THE SIGNING BONUS IS GUARANTEED & WE TEND 2 TRY 2 GET AS MUCH UP FRONT AS WE CAN! SORRY, BUT $13 MILL IS JUS NOT GONNA CUT IT!

COMPLETION % DN'T MEAN A THING, DID U C PEYTON'S PREVIOUS 2 GAMES B4 HE PLAYED NEW ENGLAND, HA, U'RE FUNNY! VICK IS/WILL B A MUCH BETTER QB THAN JEFF, U WANNA TALK ABOUT COMPL %, ANYBODY CN HV A HIGH COMPL % THROWIN PASSES 10-15 YDS & LESS!

Y IS IT LOW THT I MENTIONED HIS DUI, IT WAS ON THE NEWS ALL OVER THE BAY AREA & NATIONALLY, IT'S JUS FUNNY HOW THE MEADIA ? MY PERSONALITY & MY CHARACTER! NEVER HAD AN OFF THE FIELD PROBLEM, CONSIDERING THE MEDIA WANTS ME OUTTA HERE BEIN THT I'M A DISTRACTION 2 THE TEAM ACCORDING 2 THEM! SORRY IF I OFFENDED UR FAV QB!

HEY, U R A FUUNY GUY! BOOS DN'T BOTHER ME, U BOOED SANTA CLAUS BUT HE STILL MADE HIS DELIVERIES ON XMAS DAY, I HAD NOTHIN 2 DO W/ MOOCH OR KNAPP & NEITHER WILL I W/GARCIA

HOW DO I KNO U'RE U? LOOK, I DN'T HV TIME 2 ENTERTAIN NON-BELIEVERS LIKE URSELF, THERE'S A PLACE CALLED CHURCH 4 PEOPLE LIKE U! THANX 4 CHECKIN OUT MY SITE THO! DN'T MEAN 2 RUDE @ ALL, JUS GOT A LOTTA ...

NO Way should we sign this guy, but the eagles, go ahead :laugh:

Originally posted by TODD

TO will be about as effective as Peerless Price was this year with Atlanta. You need more than one receiver to have a worthy corps. Teams will just double him up, no one on Philly is even close to what Tai Streets was, and he was purely mediocre.

If it happens, I'd put a bet on that. TO would be much more effective than Peerless Price was in Atlanta. You may not realize that Price was a #2 WR, while TO's been on of the leagues best, if not the best in the league for years.

Archived