Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do I put myself through this?

Eagles_Legendz

:eaglesuck

The Panthers are the more talented team and probably better coached as well. Put their roster next to the Iggles and you'd be hard-pressed to find a position at which they don't hold the advantage. Perhaps I would've said cornerback prior to the game but Ricky Manning stepped up.

That said, the Iggles should be ashamed. What a gutless performance by everybody on the team except Duce and McNabb.

The WR corps will be lambasted as they should be. It looked like they were being paid off. Who's crying about the loss of James Thrash now? :cheers:

Originally posted by Blazers21

Build a decent O-Line and a decent d-line before you start bragging. As was the case today, the games are still won in the trenches. That's exactly where the 'Skins don't measure up.

Blazers - I felt the same way about most of the Redskins OL this season - especially Samuels. What I realized was that our OL is a very good run blocking OL. With the return of Gibbs and Bugle and a smash mouth style of offense, I think this OL will look far and away better next season. In fact, they will probably look much better than the Eagles' OL. Book it.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

[bPut their roster next to the Iggles and you'd be hard-pressed to find a position at which they don't hold the advantage.

That said, the Iggles should be ashamed. What a gutless performance by everybody on the team except Duce and McNabb.

The WR corps will be lambasted as they should be. [/b]

You may be right, OS, but I'd still take the Eagles at full strength than anyone else despite the sad sack WR's. Sort of a moot point, since that can't happen.

Gutless is a good word for the offense. Overall the defense played fairly well. The rainbow TD was luck. The second TD was pure effort, a great play and a sad play by the Eagles. If I knew that Carolina was only going to score 14 points, I would have put money on the Eagles, even as injured as they are. Lucky thing I don't bet.

Concerning the WR's? Who can argue (except Reid)? We've known this for two seasons now.

Hey Eagle guys...

I feel for you...three years in a row and no SB appearance. I will say this, it's all class of you guys to show up on a rival NFC East board and voice your displeasure with the Eagles. Kudos for being men!

As for the Eagle roster specifically, Reid has just got to realize that the WCO doesn't roll without some quality wideouts. Pinkston is transparently thin... and gets thrown around like a rag doll. Mitchell may be coming into his own as a possesion guy... but he's never going to run by the defense and make big scoring plays. Thrash....Eric Davis, formerly of the Panthers and now an analyst, stated that Thrash has blazing speed yet still is the easiest receiver he's ever covered.

I fear T.O. in Philly, paired with another PROFESSIONAL receiver with good hands. Fortunately, that would mean a complete role reversal for both Reid and the F.O.... and I don't see that happening this offseason.

All the same.... keep the chin up and look forward to July.

Originally posted by The Elated OaktonSkinsFan

Blazers - I felt the same way about most of the Redskins OL this season - especially Samuels. What I realized was that our OL is a very good run blocking OL. With the return of Gibbs and Bugle and a smash mouth style of offense, I think this OL will look far and away better next season. In fact, they will probably look much better than the Eagles' OL. Book it.

OSF,

It's tough to argue the point, because I agree with you for the most part. The 'Skins guards aren't too bad, when not injured of course. Jansen and Samuels have got to step it up. Bugel should help with that. They are still barely average at center and the TE's need work.

Also, the 'Skins are going to need a decent RB. It'll be interesting to watch the 'Skins make moves and the Eagles stand pat. :doh:

Originally posted by Blazers21

OSF,

It's tough to argue the point, because I agree with you for the most part. The 'Skins guards aren't too bad, when not injured of course. Jansen and Samuels have got to step it up. Bugel should help with that. They are still barely average at center and the TE's need work.

Also, the 'Skins are going to need a decent RB. It'll be interesting to watch the 'Skins make moves and the Eagles stand pat. :doh:

You are correct, Blazers, and that's why my comments are strictly focused on the OL. Honestly, I don't expect miracles next season because I'm just not sure, even with Snyder's desire to burn money, how much progress can be made in one offseason to address all of these needs. We shall see.

As much as I hate the Eagles, I have to admit that I feel kinda bad for some of the classy Eagle fans that have hung around here.

Maybe now Reid and the FO will finally admit that they screwed up and go get a bigtime WR. I'd hate to be them if they don't when they have to face some of the not so classy Eagles fans.

:laugh:

I picked the Panthers, but the game didn't go down how I thought it would. I thought that the Panthers dline would dominate, but the Eagles oline held up nicely. If you guys had a WR who could get off the line and make tough catches, you might have won.

It's tough to get to the edge of the top so often only to fall back again. It was unfortunate that McNabb got hurt on what seemed like a really late and cheap hit.

I don't see the situation getting better next year for the iggles because I think it is next to impossible to maintain that level of performance and focus for four years in a row. Tom can comment, but it seems the gints never recovered from the horrible loss in the playoffs against the 49ers last year. It would seem that the iggles fo is also prepared to show the door to Deuce, Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor so wr isn't their only worry.

So here's the picture I see - no matter what happens in the offseason the Skins will be MUCH better, the pukes will be much better, and the gints will be much better next year. I think the iggles era of dominance in the NFC Beast has probably ended.

Archived