Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green Bay, Redskins, and then who....

OURYEAR#56

When the announcement was made that Gibbs was coming back to coach the Redskins it seem like every other viable piece of news was completely irrelevant. Even in NY the News of Coughlin becoming the Head Coach of the Giants was completely overshadowed by Gibbs. My friend, who is a Giants fan (yes pray for him), was completely stunned. He said "we love the Giants in New York, but man you guys I mean really love the Redskins". He was shocked at the passion we exhibited when we heard the news. My other friend that lives in Prince George County said that people were dancing in the streets sing Hail to the Redskins. Even I'm shocked at how passionate I am about this team. Since I heard the news it's like I beleive in Santa Clause again. It's like I could die right now and have a big smile on my face. It got me wondering; besides the fans of the Redskins and Green Bay Packers, what other fans in any sport have the same passion for their team as we do?

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

When the announcement was made that Gibbs was coming back to coach the Redskins it seem like every other viable piece of news was completely irrelevant. Even in NY the News of Coughlin becoming the Head Coach of the Giants was completely overshadowed by Gibbs. My friend, who is a Giants fan (yes pray for him), was completely stunned. He said "we love the Giants in New York, but man you guys I mean really love the Redskins". He was shocked at the passion we exhibited when we heard the news. My other friend that lives in Prince George County said that people were dancing in the streets sing Hail to the Redskins. Even I'm shocked at how passionate I am about this team. Since I heard the news it's like I beleive in Santa Clause again. It's like I could die right now and have a big smile on my face. It got me wondering; besides the fans of the Redskins and Green Bay Packers, what other fans in any sport have the same passion for their team as we do?

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Even if Ditka came back to the Bears, I donn't think you would have the same cathartic, emotional outpouring in Chicago that you had/have here...he wasn't as successful, and most Chicago fans (not matter how delusional) would temper their enthusiasm with the reality that Ditka has already attempted a comeback and failed miserably...

Even if Ditka came back to the Bears, I donn't think you would have the same cathartic, emotional outpouring in Chicago that you had/have here...he wasn't as successful, and most Chicago fans (not matter how delusional) would temper their enthusiasm with the reality that Ditka has already attempted a comeback and failed miserably...

I can remember after the Doug Williams superbowl victory in San Diego seeing news footage of Bronco fans in Denver burning their Elway jerseys after the game, sick after watching another poor effort by their team in the Super Bowl...that would NEVER have happened here...

I can remember after the Doug Williams superbowl victory in San Diego seeing news footage of Bronco fans in Denver burning their Elway jerseys after the game, sick after watching another poor effort by their team in the Super Bowl...that would NEVER have happened here...

Archived