Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AL: Man strips naked, jumps into Bass Pro Shops Leeds aquarium and knocks himself unconscious

Cooked Crack

A man is in custody and en route to a hospital for mental health treatment after he jumped naked into the massive aquarium at The Bass Pro Shop Leeds Thursday night. 

Police Chief Paul Irwin said the incident happened about near closing time. 

The 42-year-old man was reported to be acting erratically and drove a vehicle into a pole in the store parking lot. 

After the crash, he got out of his vehicle, took off his clothes, ran into the Bass Pro Shop and jumped into the aquarium.

As two Leeds police officers began to walk up the stairs, the man exited the water, yelled something to the officers and then dove back into the water.

He continued to shout something to officers before he climbed over the side of the aquarium and dropped to the concrete floor below, appearing to have been knocked out by the fall. 

Officers handcuffed the man, who then woke up and began to try to struggle.

He was taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation and then booked into the St. Clair County Jail. 

Jail records show George Owens, of Sterrett, is charged with public lewdness, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer, two counts of first-degree criminal mischief and two counts of reckless endangerment.

https://www.al.com/news/2024/01/man-strips-naked-jumps-into-bass-pro-shops-leeds-aquarium-and-knocks-himself-unconscious.html

Not even on the Florida - Alabama border

• Haha 4

Blaire Erskine is a treasure. I am surprised she hasn't been snatched up by TV somewhere.(Has she?)
"We went to get our pit-chers taken with January 6th Santa" ...oh man. She' is GREAT.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Blaire Erskine is a treasure. I am surprised she hasn't been snatched up by TV somewhere.(Has she?)
"We went to get our pit-chers taken with January 6th Santa" ...oh man. She' is GREAT.

~Bang

She was in a skit on Jimmy Kimmel, so she's getting some notice, definitely. I had no idea she was a writer on that show until now lol...

And I agree, she's great 😂...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1