Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2023 Week 11: Welcomes the restless ,drunken , die hard fans!

zCommander

I have had a busy week and now just winding down. Had some Chinese for dinner. Drinking some red wine. 

I really don't want us to lose tomorrow, because I hate the ****ing Giants and their smug owner. 

The only way I will try to accept a lose if our D gives up a last minute TD or a chip shot for 3 but the O has to play really well while showing progress with Howell. This will bode well for the future and they (whoever they might be) won't need to look for a different QB.  Build around Howell. Simple as that. 

Anyway here to a good game and a win :cheers:

GiantsSuck.gif.d551abd57f22b8b59d39ae5c9f35ea2d.gif

• Thumb up 1

We just got a new puppy today and she's as cute as can be. The fam is buzzing and my son and I are ready for the game tomorrow.  I've taught him to approach all games hopeful but cautious, lol, as the gints usually play us tough no matter what.  This is one I would like to see Sam take that next step and absolutely crush the gnats at least offensively.  Expecting the unexpected and hoping we come out on top...Lets Go Ders! HTTR..!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

P

12 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We just got a new puppy today and she's as cute as can be.

Having a pet or a few is always great when you are a kid. We had two kittens, couple of parakeets and some pigeons (raised them and trained them to fly back to us). Living in Rawlins, WY in the early 80s was great as a 12 year old. It was nice to even have the railroad across your house where my brother and our cousin would just sit on one of the cars and would jump off as the train started to move. Good times. 

My kids would love to get a cat or two but their mom is scared of pets even a cat. So the kids had to settle for a fish tank instead lol

• Like 1

Wife and I went on a kids free vacation.  We fly back at 1:00 eastern. 

so I’m going to miss the game.

On the bright side Virgin Cruise line is like Vegas at sea and that was … well, the scenery didn’t suck.  :P 

I was thinking of posting a picture from the pool with but…

1. I don’t think my wife would have wanted me to take the picture 

2. I’m not sure if it would have passed the forum rules.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, zCommander said:

P

Having a pet or a few is always great when you are a kid. We had two kittens, couple of parakeets and some pigeons (raised them and trained them to fly back to us). Living in Rawlins, WY in the early 80s was great as a 12 year old. It was nice to even have the railroad across your house where my brother and our cousin would just sit on one of the cars and would jump off as the train started to move. Good times. 

My kids would love to get a cat or two but their mom is scared of pets even a cat. So the kids had to settle for a fish tank instead lol

A fish tank can be more work than litter boxes *I've done both*.  Kitties are awesome.  I've had lots, none had attitude...all lovin on me all the time. 

They know game time, too.  😻

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

A fish tank can be more work than litter boxes *I've done both*.  Kitties are awesome.  I've had lots, none had attitude...all lovin on me all the time. 

They know game time, too.  😻

Yes it is since I am the one who has to clean it. And one time I had the fishes in the temp bowl while cleaning the tank in the garage and went inside to fill the tank and came out and 1 fish was missing. I think a damn bird swooped down and took it! :( 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yes it is since I am the one who has to clean it. And one time I had the fishes in the temp bowl while cleaning the tank in the garage and went inside to fill the tank and came out and 1 fish was missing. I think a damn bird swooped down and took it! :( 

It’s the circle of life at its finest.  Birds have to eat too!!!

J/k.  That stinks.  My mother has 2 fish ponds (which, fwiw, I hate) and something, we’re guessing some bird, ate all the fish out of one of them.  They’d been untouched for something like 30 years and then one day, poof, all of them were gone.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s the circle of life at its finest.  Birds have to eat too!!!

J/k.  That stinks.  My mother has 2 fish ponds (which, fwiw, I hate) and something, we’re guessing some bird, ate all the fish out of one of them.  They’d been untouched for something like 30 years and then one day, poof, all of them were gone.  

Since birds were probably around for all 30 years, it might have been something else.  Snakehead, maybe?

23 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Since birds were probably around for all 30 years, it might have been something else.  Snakehead, maybe?

Yeah, no idea.  Nobody saw anything.  We bought more fish.  Went to the pet store, bough maybe 30 little feeder fish for $.10 each.  

They've been living in the pond now for 2 years, grown, having babies and thriving, and haven't been touched either.

It was just odd. Maybe it was just a random hungry bird?  Or a bird who got lost?  Or a herd of cats?  Dunno.  Very strange.