Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMZ: CA Shop Owner Shot Over Rainbow Flag Hanging Outside Store

Cooked Crack

A woman who owns two clothing stores in California was shot and killed by a man who made derogatory comments about the pride flag hanging outside her business. 

The fatal shooting happened Friday night in Lake Arrowhead, CA ... with law enforcement saying the suspect shot the shop owner, Lauri Carelton, because he didn't like the rainbow flag outside her clothing store.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff says deputies arrived at the scene of Friday's shooting to find Lauri suffering from a gunshot wound ... and paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene. 

The sheriff says the killer, armed with a handgun, fled on foot and he was tracked down about a mile away from the store ... with deputies shooting and killing him

Lauri is survived by her husband of 28 years and their 9 children.  She was 66.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/19/california-shop-owner-shot-killed-over-pride-flag/

• Sad 7

I’d prefer that they don’t tell us the killers name. We don’t need him propped up like a hero (to others who think like the killer) like so many of those that came before him. I think we should allow these people to remain nameless, remember the victims lives and dreams and start treating the victims like the hero’s of the story. 

i think the media in America must change tactics. I don’t see it happening, but it would be great imo if we want to curb some of these violent attacks. If these people realize their names won’t be on the news and they will be forgotten forever, then maybe it will stop some of them. Not all of course, but saving some lives is better than none. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’d prefer that they don’t tell us the killers name. We don’t need him propped up like a hero (to others who think like the killer) like so many of those that came before him. I think we should allow these people to remain nameless, remember the victims lives and dreams and start treating the victims like the hero’s of the story. 

i think the media in America must change tactics. I don’t see it happening, but it would be great imo if we want to curb some of these violent attacks. If these people realize their names won’t be on the news and they will be forgotten forever, then maybe it will stop some of them. Not all of course, but saving some lives is better than none. 

if you’re talking about mass shooters or others that murder in great big spectacles I might agree. Other than those I’d rather they just give us a full (accurate) report upfront. Especially for hate crimes because people in the effected community need to know if others connected to the killer are hanging around. Hate crimes stand out because of the outsized effect they have on communities, withholding facts isn’t going to make them feel any safer. 

On 8/21/2023 at 11:37 PM, Destino said:

if you’re talking about mass shooters or others that murder in great big spectacles I might agree. Other than those I’d rather they just give us a full (accurate) report upfront. Especially for hate crimes because people in the effected community need to know if others connected to the killer are hanging around. Hate crimes stand out because of the outsized effect they have on communities, withholding facts isn’t going to make them feel any safer. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus