Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Before we Deify Joe Gibbs...

SPare

While I absolutely am ecstatic about the hiring, something to remember is that while Joe Gibbs is all that and more from the coaching side, this is the guy who decided to trade two #1 picks to select Desmond Howard.

So, after 11 years away from the game, don't expect him to have necessarily to be bomb proof in his first round picks.

what I do expect from him are

1. The team will be prepared, and will not have the chickensh!t penalties and errors of the past

2. Adjustments will be made at half time to ensure that the team is competitive in each game.

3. Players will come out of the woodwork to become solid performers.

And that's a heck of a lot better than most of the teams in the league.

While I absolutely am ecstatic about the hiring, something to remember is that while Joe Gibbs is all that and more from the coaching side, this is the guy who decided to trade two #1 picks to select Desmond Howard.

So, after 11 years away from the game, don't expect him to have necessarily to be bomb proof in his first round picks.

what I do expect from him are

1. The team will be prepared, and will not have the chickensh!t penalties and errors of the past

2. Adjustments will be made at half time to ensure that the team is competitive in each game.

3. Players will come out of the woodwork to become solid performers.

And that's a heck of a lot better than most of the teams in the league.

I just saw Charles Mann on a special hour long SportsNite on ComCast saying that he thought that you would see less of a superstar laden team with the Redskins, but more wins due to the fact that they would have more blue collar, lunch pail type players

He also said that he was "bracing" for Ray Rhodes :laugh:

I just saw Charles Mann on a special hour long SportsNite on ComCast saying that he thought that you would see less of a superstar laden team with the Redskins, but more wins due to the fact that they would have more blue collar, lunch pail type players

He also said that he was "bracing" for Ray Rhodes :laugh:

I don't think anyone is anticipating Gibbs to be 100% correct in every move and decision he makes. No coach is.

What is expected, and almost certain, is the team will improve and play its best football in years.

I don't think anyone is anticipating Gibbs to be 100% correct in every move and decision he makes. No coach is.

What is expected, and almost certain, is the team will improve and play its best football in years.

If thats all you can bring up is Desmond Howard then I guess no one else in the NFL has ever made a bad draft pick??? Cut me a break. Gibbs numbers speak for themselves! I'm excited about Gibbs return and if your a true Redskin fan how can you not be???

Who else would you want to coach the team?? Unbelievable!

If thats all you can bring up is Desmond Howard then I guess no one else in the NFL has ever made a bad draft pick??? Cut me a break. Gibbs numbers speak for themselves! I'm excited about Gibbs return and if your a true Redskin fan how can you not be???

Who else would you want to coach the team?? Unbelievable!

I am not so sure Gibbs picked Howard. I believe Howard later held out and Gibbs didn't put him in until the 4th or 5th game. That doesn't sound like that would happen if the coach picked the guy. It sound like it was the GM's pick. Doesn't it.

I am not so sure Gibbs picked Howard. I believe Howard later held out and Gibbs didn't put him in until the 4th or 5th game. That doesn't sound like that would happen if the coach picked the guy. It sound like it was the GM's pick. Doesn't it.

Archived