Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Payne's durability has been amazing.  Jonathan Allen, not bad too if I recall except for one season -- am too lazy to look it up.  

The Lisfranc injury season.  It was his rookie year, and ever since then he's been a mainstay.  I think he's going to be one of those dudes who takes care of himself and he has a game that is predicated on power and skill more than speed, so I think he can have a long career here.  IMO this man is going in our Ring of Fame.

One of the common denominators between Payne and Allen is that they are on the "smaller side" for an IDL in that they are fairly lean and don't carry a ton of bulk on their frames.  They're just strong.  That lack of bad body mass has to be a factor in how they are able to stay healthy and play so many snaps compared to a typical IDL.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

IR with an ankle injury, and Eagles wasted no time bulking up in his absence after we decimated them on the ground.

I'm a big Jordan Davis fan, I think he's going to be a problem for us down the road.  I'm glad to see them struggling in his absence.

I'm also glad we don't have to go shopping for DL depth in the hand-me-down section of the store like them.  That is not a position you want to be in, and give credit to Rivera and the Martys for crushing that part of the roster building process.  Losing Chase and Mathis is two pretty high picks in a three year span, plus we lost some rotation mainstays in Settle and Io.  Most teams would not have been able to cope with that attrition, but JSW, Obada, and Toohill have been awesome depth, and our top three guys have entered primes and are reaching their potential.  The DL is the biggest reason we're sitting at .500.

• Like 5

On 11/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, mistertim said:

Terry was playing in the last several games of 2021, when teams stopped our running game and we were awful.

There are only so many spray and pray deep balls that we can count on Terry to nab.

week 14 he suffered a concussion and he was back the next week, but he was probably still feeling it  Also we were down to Patterson at running back for a few of them and Garrett Gilbert at QB for one of them

13 hours ago, Going Commando said:

The Lisfranc injury season.  It was his rookie year, and ever since then he's been a mainstay.  I think he's going to be one of those dudes who takes care of himself and he has a game that is predicated on power and skill more than speed, so I think he can have a long career here.  IMO this man is going in our Ring of Fame.

One of the common denominators between Payne and Allen is that they are on the "smaller side" for an IDL in that they are fairly lean and don't carry a ton of bulk on their frames.  They're just strong.  That lack of bad body mass has to be a factor in how they are able to stay healthy and play so many snaps compared to a typical IDL.

And to think Allen reportedly dropped to us in the draft due to medical concerns.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

And to think Allen reportedly dropped to us in the draft due to medical concerns.

IIRC it was because he had arthritis in his shoulders.  Shows that you never know what the future holds for these dudes.  And every single draft there are major fallers who drop almost entirely over medical concerns, and often those guys end up being the biggest value picks of the class.  Trey Smith comes to mind.  He was a first round talent who fell to the sixth and then became a good day one starter for KC.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

IIRC it was because he had arthritis in his shoulders.  Shows that you never know what the future holds for these dudes.  And every single draft there are major fallers who drop almost entirely over medical concerns, and often those guys end up being the biggest value picks of the class.  Trey Smith comes to mind.  He was a first round talent who fell to the sixth and then became a good day one starter for KC.

Sweat also dropped because of a reported heart issue. Although I think that was confirmed to be complete BS after the fact.