Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need new direction

frankms283

On 10/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, NoCalMike said:

NYG are an example of how the right coaching for the right team in the right situation can maximize talent and snag a couple of unexpected wins.  I still don't think the NYG are that good personnel-wise, but the coaches have seen enough of Daniel Jones on film to realize that until they can find a replacement, these are the things we need him to focus on to be the best possible version of himself out there.  They will likely come back to earth and end up a .500 or slightly under team, but that won't take away from what the coaches there are doing to get the most out of the roster.

We need coaches here that instead of proclaiming "This is what we do, figure it out" decide that "this is what we do.....the best" and go from there.

Just read somewhere that Rivera is the 11th highest paid head coach. 

Now we all know why Rivera came here. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, NoCalMike said:

We need coaches here that instead of proclaiming "This is what we do, figure it out" decide that "this is what we do.....the best" and go from there.

Yes! I swear that was the lesson we learned here with Marty until Snyder fired him bc he thought our games were boring.

Run, run, run and throw a long pass here and there. I was HYPED when we finished 8-8 because we did what worked BEST for that particular team, even with average talent in most positions (i.e. establish a solid defense and run Davis until the opposing defense tired, sprinkle a few long passes here and there) Gibbs did the same thing with Portis and Brunell. Shanny as well until the wheels fell off RGIII.

All of these teams had identity.

WE'VE HAVE ZERO IDENTITY WITH RIVERA. NONE.

Unless you consider irregularity at every level a team identity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Yes! I swear that was the lesson we learned here with Marty until Snyder fired him bc he thought our games were boring.

Everybody wants to be like the Chiefs Offense, or name an exotic D, but if you don't have the players and coaching your just shooting yourself in the foot 9 times outta 10.

Its hard enough to win in the NFL when you focus on the strengths of your people. Its downright dumb to force people into non-optimal situations even if they are the most ideal way for a top contender team to operate. Your willingly giving up what you do well, to try and do something your not as good at. Its almost like tying one of your arms behind your back.

Find something you do well and do it. Once you have that established that, you can branch out from there. Eventually you will get where you want to be over time, but don't mold your entire system into something it isn't and go balls to the wall from the jump.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Run, run, run and throw a long pass here and there. I was HYPED when we finished 8-8 because we did what worked BEST for that particular team, even with average talent in most positions (i.e. establish a solid defense and run Davis until the opposing defense tired, sprinkle a few long passes here and there) Gibbs did the same thing with Portis and Brunell. Shanny as well until the wheels fell off RGIII.

All of these teams had identity.

WE'VE HAVE ZERO IDENTITY WITH RIVERA. NONE.

Unless you consider irregularity at every level a team identity.

People call it the Rivera era

I call it the Rivera error .

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1