Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crazy idea, but listen out will help our DL

jbooma

Could we trade say Gardner or even Champ and maybe a late pick to NY for Strahan???? If we trade champ then we need a pick in return.

I just noticed he has averaged double digits in sacks the last 10 years!!!!

He has missed 3 games since 1995!!!!!

He has averaged over 50 tackles since 95.

This year he has a career high with 78 right now!!

I know he is 32 years old. He still has maybe 3 or even 4 good years left. He has already said he is not happy about the firing of Fossil.

This could be like the packers picking up White in the last couple of years of his playing career. Now I have no clue what kind of contract he currently has but would make our DL better right away. I am just amazed by his ability to play at such a high level for so long.

JBooma, yes, while Strahan has played at a high level for such a long time, I don't think he would be a good fit for us. With that being said, he's still better than all our DE's put together. I don't know, I'm just scared of going after a guy who is 32 years old. At some point, his play is going to decline and hit a wall, and that just might be in the coming seasons. We have to stop going after these big names. In my opinion, we have to totally rebuild the d-line, and rebuilding in my mind means bringing in youth. I think we have to address the end position through the draft, provided there is somebody worth taking that can make an impact, and possibily go after a Darryl Gardner to fill the DT position with either Russell or Dalton alongside him.

Originally posted by Demoralized Canadian Hog

In my opinion, we have to totally rebuild the d-line, and rebuilding in my mind means bringing in youth. I think we have to address the end position through the draft, provided there is somebody worth taking that can make an impact, and possibily go after a Darryl Gardner to fill the DT position with either Russell or Dalton alongside him.

I agree completely but we could use him to give us time to let the rookies grow. Imagine if our rookies can learn from him, it would be a bonus on top of it. I am not for going after big name players, but Strahan is different breed. He is not like a Warren Sapp always looking for trouble but can be a good spokesperson for the team and a role model. Once again I have no clue about his salary so it may just be a crazy idea to began with.

Originally posted by Demoralized Canadian Hog

...I don't know, I'm just scared of going after a guy who is 32 years old...

The ghost of George Allen will haunt you for saying this.

That "Over the Hill Gang" got to playoffs and the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by bubba9497

especially in your own division and face your old teammate twice a year.

thats fine with me....we can trade champ for strahan

pick up bobby or vincent for the eagles...

then trade gardner for toomer...toomer has little trouble getting open on champ....

:paranoid:

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

thats fine with me....we can trade champ for strahan

pick up bobby or vincent for the eagles...

then trade gardner for toomer...toomer has little trouble getting open on champ....

:paranoid:

:lol: You know, that's crazy enough it just might work. Crazy like saying Timmay will cath a TD pass from Rod Gardner. ;)

Archived