Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier to Miami???

redskin56

I just heard it on ESPN radio. Chris Mortensen is reporting that Dolphins owner Wayne Heizinga (sic) is going to call Dan Snyder and offer to take over Spurrier's remaining three years.

Mort also said that if Miami called the Skins would entertain the offer. He also stated that there are a handfull of exec's that believe SS will be a big success in the NFL given the right atmosphere and roster. :rolleyes:

While I'm a continuity guy thinking we have to stay largely in tact with this roster to have much of a chance in the near-term, the continuity means I don't believe we can fire Spurrier. However, if we can get another team to ask for him, and convince Spurrier to flirt back, we can probably allow the change under the auspices that he simply didn't want to be here.

Our roster is built much more ideally for Spurrier's style than the Dolphins roster is, though, so I'm not sure what the expectation would be right away there.

Originally posted by mcgraw238

Teams can no longer give up picks to get a coach. This rule was put in place after the Gruden situation. There will be no draft picks traded for Spurrier.

I believe the Phins could trade players to acquire Spurrier.

GOOD!!!!

In that case, give us Ricky Willaims or Jason Taylor or that other DE who's name I can't spell or pronnouce

Originally posted by redskin56

I just heard it on ESPN radio. Chris Mortensen is reporting that Dolphins owner Wayne Heizinga (sic) is going to call Dan Snyder and offer to take over Spurrier's remaining three years.

Mort also said that if Miami called the Skins would entertain the offer. He also stated that there are a handfull of exec's that believe SS will be a big success in the NFL given the right atmosphere and roster. :rolleyes:

I heard Mort this a.m. at 8.

Unless you heard a later report, the one I heard said that Huizenga is considering taking Spurrier off Snyder's hands (among other options). He didn't say he's going to call and make an offer.

Archived