Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TODAY: Christian school expels teen after she poses with rainbow birthday cake

Cooked Crack

Follow-up:

Parents Sue Principal Who Expelled Girl Over Rainbow Birthday Cake

“In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years,” the school told the Washington Post in an email. “In the fall, we met with the student to give her a final chance to begin to adhere to our code of conduct. Unfortunately, she did not live up to the agreement, and therefore, has been expelled.”

Then Rod Dreher, senior editor at the American Conservative, did some digging into the sexual-identity of a 15-year-old girl and decided to publish it in an article entitled “Rainbow Cake Girl: The True Story.” Which is in itself a statement about American conservatism in 2020.

My understanding is that [the child] had a long, specific list of repeated infractions — bullying, disrespecting teachers, vaping in school (as Alford acknowledges), and so forth. Part of what she has allegedly done is promoting LGBT consciousness in the school, including aggression on that front. I’m trying to be delicate here, but I can tell you that she has transgressed against other students on this front, to promote bisexuality. For example, she allegedly drew rainbows and wrote slogans like “bi pride” on other kids’ papers, and gave at least two different girls the impression that she was sexually harassing them.

He then posted several images from the child’s private Instagram account. Because Rod Dreher is a creep.

He is also a named defendant in the lawsuit filed by the child’s parents yesterday in Jefferson County Circuit Court. They allege breach of contract, since the school released the child’s personal records and failed to follow its own escalating disciplinary policy, which allows for “an opportunity for mercy and grace through contrition,” rather than summary expulsion because the some nosy assh*le screengrabs a photo which confirms the school’s suspicion that the child is gay.

The suit alleges defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and invasion of privacy by the school and American Conservative, as well as by Jacobson and Dreher personally. It further alleges that the child’s disciplinary record consists of cutting lunch once and getting caught with a Juul, after which she was referred to the school counselor who treated the child’s nicotine habit with a book entitled “Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was, And Who God Has Always Been.” Which must have been very helpful.

The child’s parents are seeking a jury trial.

Click on the link for the full article

Nothing says "she was expelled because of her frequent discipline problems" like the editor of a conservative advocacy publication deciding that what was needed, here, was for him to look into the sexial identity of a 15 year old girl.  

On 1/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, mcsluggo said:

that is how they accommodate the "traditional" Catholic family... they basically doesn;t exist anymore in the the USA.  i have 3 kids, and i am almost looked at like a clown car

They certainly exist and I've met many of them at my daughters catholic school.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten the "You have just the one?  Are you planning on having more?" questions from a parent with a toddler on their leg, a baby in their arms, who is there to pick up their kids (plural) from school.  Catholics happily multiply.  Not all of them, but I've met very few parents there that just have one. 

Archived