Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you had to choose who would you rather have?

prophet

I honestly thought this was a joke thread when I saw it. There's no comparison. Deuce is faster, more explosive, breaks more tackles, doesn't go down as easy, is more durable, catches it better and doesn't fumble. Now I'm influenced a little by the fact that Ricky is a much better back now than he was when we had him here. He's leaner and faster now. The comparison between the Saints Ricky and Deuce is one on which no reasonable minds could differ. But even now, I don't think it's even close. One's a solid pack mule and the other one's a thoroughbred. Ricky's a good back if you have a strong defense and a good O-line and you want to control clock and pound it. But Deuce is a guy who can pound it all day and then take it 80 yards to the house while running over your Mike linebacker and then jetting by your DBs. No contest. If you guys could watch Deuce every week, you'd all be with me on this one.

Ricky was only truly dominant in 1 season out of 5.

But Deuce has put together 2 straight outstanding seasons - and the biggest determining factor - he's only getting better.

Deuce's career average is 4.6 yards, compared to Ricky's 4.0.

The Saints were lucky that Ricky peaked in the season he did. It resulted in their conditional pick getting bumped to a first rounder, in addition to the original first rounder they had already received.

Archived