Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Spurrier comes back in 04…..

fuji869

will there be optimism?

The past two seasons there has been some optimism going into the seasons that Spurrier might be the coach that brings the glory days back to Redskins Fans. With the acquisition of big named, big $$$ free agents :deal: there has been many a Redskin Fan that feel we will have a return to the playoffs only to have the reality of the regular season destroy our dreams.

If Spurrier returns in 2004 will there be similar optimism like before or will be going into that season expecting another losing campaign? :yikes:

When you don't know how to play to the strengths of your players.... what optimism can you have regarding the addition of any new talent to the roster?

Smoot said it earlier this week, "This team has NO identity". That means the team has no direction. Plain and simple.

We've got a head coach whose postgame pressconference routine is to shrug his shoulders and say things like "Aw shucks.... I don't know". They brought in consultants for cripes sakes.

Without direction, how could anything positive come out of the offseason?

I'll be looking forward to 2005!!!.

I'll be looking forward to that day after the 2004 season, when that sorryass excuse for a coach resigns. "Aw shucks, I just don't know what happened. Well, I resign. "

I have no expectations beyond 8-8, for a third year for Steve. This will be the first time, where I won't have hope for a new season. That hope is on hold until 2005; with a new era.

By some miracle, maybe that hope will be restored with the new era starting in 2004 and not 2005.

Simple for me, based on the performance the last two years it is not worth the money or the time to get Directv Sunday to watch the games next year.

So I say to Danny Boy... Show ME the money (or just show me the wins), then maybe I will spend the time to watch a time that plays 60 minutes and gives 100% (both players and coaches).

I'm one of those who's been swayed the past few games. I was firmly in the 'continuity' camp. But we're a ship without a sail. And the world really is flat.....look out ahead gents!!!

I'd be RELIEVED to see SS go. I'm ashamed to admit it. Unfortunately, I can't even think of who'd be a replacement I'd honestly believe could turn it around. It'll take a Jeff Fischer/Jon Gruden/Tuna kind of a guy, and as far as I know, theres no one out there even close to that pedigree.

Optimism? Are you kidding?

Archived