Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deer Runs Through D.C. Subway Station

stratoman

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031217/ap_on_re_us/deer_train_station_2

2 hours, 1 minute ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON - This wasn't the typical subway fare jumper. A videotape released Monday by Metrorail, Washington's mass transit system, shows a deer running through a train station as startled passengers watch.

"We've named him Rudolph the Blue Line Reindeer," Metro spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said.

The video shows the deer walking around the mezzanine at the Addison Road-Seat Pleasant station in Maryland, running down an escalator, then darting down the platform past a waiting train. The animal then jumped onto the tracks, avoiding the electrified third rail, and headed off into the woods surrounding the aboveground station, Farbstein said.

Deer often wander onto Metro's aboveground tracks, and most avoid danger, Farbstein said, but a deer inside a station is rare.

Metro spokesman Steven Taubenkibel said officials were unsure of the exact date of the incident. Security cameras caught the romp, and police came across it during a routine review of video footage.

Originally posted by Skins24

Am I the only one that has noticed a huge increase in deer in this area.

Before, you can go a year and maybe see just one around my way. Now going a week without seeing one is extremely rare.

The reason for that is, that all the woods where dear normaly live are being cut down to build more houses.

I live up here in Frederick co. and live around alot of farmland. This is where you expect deer to be, and we have alot of them, but we seem to be getting alot more.

Why?

I think they are all coming up from Montgomery co. where they are building WAY TO MANY HOUSES and they have no other place to go.

Maryland also needs to extend firearm Deer season to 3 weeks, and let us shoot more does to keep the deer population down.

Did y'all know that more deer get killed by cars then hunters in Maryland?

Originally posted by skinsfan44

Did y'all know that more deer get killed by cars then hunters in Maryland?

A while ago, a friend of mine ran over, or rather into, a deer on Seven Locks. When the cops came thay asked him what he wanted to do with the deer as it was now legally HIS! :insane:

Archived