Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

Cooked Crack

16 hours ago, visionary said:

I thought there were polls that had him up a bunch earlier.

According to 538, there have been 5 polls of the MT senate race in 2020.  The average is Bullock with a lead of 2.2.  There was one poll that pegged Bullocks with a 7 point lead, but the others have been close, one was a tie and one (released today by a Dem-leaning pollster) gives Daines a 2 point lead. https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_MT_banner_book_2020_07_ba6t8k.pdf

I just sent Jon Ossoff some more support. Not much at all, but I can try harder to get him over the finish line this time. When he ran for House in the last election, it was the district right next to mine & where I work (starts about a mile from my house), so he couldn't get my vote. I was glad to be able to click his name in the primary for the Senate. 👍

God, I can't wait to vote. 

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/senate/senate-overview/almost-100-days-out-democrats-are-favored-take-back-senate

Almost 100 Days Out, Democrats Are Favored to Take Back the Senate

With just over 100 days until Election Day, the political climate appears dire for Republicans across the board. President Trump is the decided underdog against former Vice President Joe Biden in our Electoral College ratings and Democrats could end up expanding their House majority. 

That leaves the Senate as Republicans' firewall—the final barrier to unified control for Democrats in 2021. While GOP incumbents are trying to run races independent of the president, if Trump’s polling numbers remain this dismal come November, that’s an unenviable and likely unsuccessful strategy, according to several top party strategists. As of now, Democrats are a slight favorite to win the Senate majority. 

“Something remarkable would have to happen for Republicans to still have control of the Senate after November,” remarked one GOP pollster. “It’s grim. There’s just so many places where Democrats either have the upper hand or are competitive in states that six months ago we wouldn’t have considered at risk.” 

“If you’re an incumbent in a bad environment sitting at 44 percent, you should be pretty damn scared,” another alarmed Republican strategist said. “The expanding map has made it really hard, and there’s just a lot of Democratic momentum right now."

More at link. 

Archived