Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To be a man

LD0506

14 hours ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Out of curiosity. Does anyone actually know anyone truly upset and protesting? I feel like we are being told "the masses are outraged"....but I see no one. Just a thought.

These two guys that randomly friended me on Facebook, Vasily and Oleg, they are always telling me how their friends are very pissed about the video-ski.

• 1 month later...

apparently it means suing for equal rights.

San Diego-Based Men’s Group Wins U.S. Suit: Women Must Register for Draft

U.S. District Judge Gray H. Miller in Houston agreed with the San Diego-based National Coalition for Men and granted its request for summary judgment in a class action suit.

“The male-only registration requirement of the Military Selective Service Act, 50 U.S.C. § 3802(a), violates the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution,” says Miller’s “final judgment.”

https://timesofsandiego.com/military/2019/02/23/san-diego-based-mens-group-wins-u-s-suit-women-must-register-for-draft/

added

In his 19-page judgment Friday, Miller added: “Had Congress compared male and female rates of physical eligibility, for example, and concluded that it was not administratively wise to draft women, the court may have been bound to defer to Congress’s judgment. Instead, at most, it appears that Congress obliquely relied on assumptions and overly broad stereotypes about women and their ability to fulfill combat roles.”

Archived