Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Friedman is injured...

Buddha

Heh.

Actually, Moore's out for the rest of the year. Hence the reason for the thread. From the Times article on Bruce retiring.

"Center Larry Moore was placed on injured reserve with the foot sprain that has had Lennie Friedman starting the past five games. Moore is out the rest of this season but will not require surgery. .."

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Heh.

Actually, Moore's out for the rest of the year. Hence the reason for the thread. From the Times article on Bruce retiring.

"Center Larry Moore was placed on injured reserve with the foot sprain that has had Lennie Friedman starting the past five games. Moore is out the rest of this season but will not require surgery. .."

My bad. I've been slacking off in my Skins news-reading duties lately.

It's a bit odd, though: I do distinctly recall reading recently that Moore was cleared to play, but that Friedman would remain the starter. If my memory is not failing me and the story was accurate (two big ifs), we could be looking at a disciplinary exile to I.R. -- if Larry Moore was vocally unhappy at remaining the backup.

In that event, it would be in both the team's and Moore's interest to exile him to I.R., because the team would be rid of a cancer and Moore would leave the Skins without the black mark of having been benched. (This is assuming Moore would be released after the season.)

O.K. Enough fabricated speculation for one morning. :)

Time to go do something useful.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

My bad. I've been slacking off in my Skins news-reading duties lately.

It's a bit odd, though: I do distinctly recall reading recently that Moore was cleared to play, but that Friedman would remain the starter. If my memory is not failing me and the story was accurate (two big ifs), we could be looking at a disciplinary exile to I.R. -- if Larry Moore was vocally unhappy at remaining the backup.

In that event, it would be in both the team's and Moore's interest to exile him to I.R., because the team would be rid of a cancer and Moore would leave the Skins without the black mark of having been benched. (This is assuming Moore would be released after the season.)

O.K. Enough fabricated speculation for one morning. :)

Time to go do something useful.

Moore played last week, as an auxiliary goal line tight end, and reinjured himself, hence the trip to IR.

Yep. And here's the blurb from Redskins .com on Moore when initially put on IR:

"The Redskins have decided to place center Larry Moore on injured reserve, ending his season. He had re-aggravated his sprained foot during last Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

The team re-signed offensive lineman Daryl Terrell to fill Moore's roster spot"

This also takes care of the backup. Now, would that be more or less Cap'n Crunch. Could be too much sugar there. :D

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Now, would that be more or less Cap'n Crunch. Could be too much sugar there. :D

Oh, the sugar is quite important. (Actually, it's Crunch Berries I'm eating at the moment, but I didn't want to make everyone envious. The colors, the flavors, the sugar, the sugar -- what's not to like?)

ASF's brain chemistry is a carefully orchestrated ****tail of a high number of legal but somewhat shady nutrients and drugs, all designed to create a state of maximum energy, revelation, focus and endurance. Occasionally the titration goes off and, well, you remember the Emmitt Smith incident. :doh:

Crunch Berries are stage 1 in the ASF bootup cycle. ;)

The Redskins also signed Center Ben Nowland (Auburn) to the practice squad. If I remember correctly, he's a pretty bright and solid center... and had a good senior bowl week I believe. Certainly below Faine, B. Johnson, and Nelson in terms of talent... but a solid kid who could grow into a solid backup.

I'll bet a center is one of a few positions the team might be looking to upgrade in the offseason, either via FA or the draft.

Archived