Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Two players in the top 5. Crews up there without even having signed his pro contract yet.

Wait until they are 3 and 4 when De La Cruz graduates in a few days.

I understand the concern around Green. He’s still young and appears to be a hard worker, so I still hold out hope for him. In his class, Druw Jones and Temarr Johnson have dropped to the bottom of the top 100. So there have been struggles at the top of that draft with the exception of Holliday.

Wow, guess this team is pretty decent other than that Reds slump.

And I got laughed at for saying I expected 70 wins out this club.

Again, maybe it's just me as a loyal [b]Season Ticket Member[/b] but I want to support teams that are winning, with my financial support. I don't want to see a team regularly finish last place.

The pieces are definitely there for something solid in the future, only a matter of when they all congeal. That said, my tolerance for losing is not very high.

"didn't you endure the pre 2012 days"

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Thanks for posting. Can add that Cole Henry pitched two scoreless in that game.

Did Alu get called up as the 27th man tonight?

They are taking it really slow with Cole Henry (which makes total sense). First time pitching in a month, and first quality pitching effort since being up in AA.

With Candelario hurt, I bet you're right on Alu. Wish he wasn't hurt, as Alu, Lipscomb, and House all deserve promotion anyways.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, finally. He's been in a bit of a slump.

Leadoff CJ is the best CJ. Over the last month he's slashing .342/.388/.519, for a .902 OPS. 10 SB, 0 CS. He's hitting an unsustainable.424 BABIP, but hard hit rates and lone drive rates are climbing. Good things to come!

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Leadoff CJ is the best CJ. Over the last month he's slashing .342/.388/.519, for a .902 OPS. 10 SB, 0 CS. He's hitting an unsustainable.424 BABIP, but hard hit rates and lone drive rates are climbing. Good things to come!

Yep. That's his spot for sure. No reason to hit him anywhere else this year. 

• Like 1

Bought tickets for next Sunday’s game. First Nats game for my three kids! We’re planning on arriving and entering the park right when gates open. Anybody have an idea what the concession situation is 90min before the game starts? It’ll be around noon so the kiddos will need some grub. 

So far the Nats signed their 6-10 draft picks at 20k a piece. They are now $1.1M+ in slot savings that can be used on their top three picks if necessary. They’ll likely get a some more savings on 4 and 5.

They signed 13th rounder Liam Sullivan LHP to $150k.

Most of the savings will likely go to Sykora to get him to 2-2.5M.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGoodBits said:

Bought tickets for next Sunday’s game. First Nats game for my three kids! We’re planning on arriving and entering the park right when gates open. Anybody have an idea what the concession situation is 90min before the game starts? It’ll be around noon so the kiddos will need some grub. 

Super easy 90min before the game. You'll have your choice and if you need to hit a few, that'll be easy too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheGoodBits said:

The lines aren't that bad for anything other than shake shack.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:43 AM, Ball Security said:

So far the Nats signed their 6-10 draft picks at 20k a piece. They are now $1.1M+ in slot savings that can be used on their top three picks if necessary. They’ll likely get a some more savings on 4 and 5.

They signed 13th rounder Liam Sullivan LHP to $150k.

Most of the savings will likely go to Sykora to get him to 2-2.5M.

Sykora and Pickney signed. 

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why not take Gore out on a high note after the sixth and 93 pitches. 

I definitely have more faith with this bullpen to get nine outs with a four run lead than eight outs with a two run lead.

On the bright side, Keibert’s bat might be waking up.

Harvey is on the IL. I don't have a problem with it. Up by 4, want Gore to work deeper into games, it's not bad from a developmental point of view. 

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Harvey is on the IL. I don't have a problem with it. Up by 4, want Gore to work deeper into games, it's not bad from a developmental point of view. 

They have nine guys in the bullpen with Corbin out.

edit. I guess Corbin is back. 

I’ll put this way, running Gore out there in the seventh isn’t something a team like Tampa would do.

Edited by Ball Security

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

They have nine guys in the bullpen with Corbin out.

edit. I guess Corbin is back. 

It's more about Gore, honestly. And which of those 7 guys not named Finnegan or Thompson do you really trust?

This season is more about development than anything else. It's not the worst decision.