Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Only way they take Jenkins is if he signs for way below slot and they use that money elsewhere...or if one of the Big 3 keels over from a fatal heart attack.

I think it’s just doing due diligence really. But…if I squint hard enough, they could be comparing him to Crews and Langford if Skenes goes one. 

It’d be nice to have the #2 make a near immediate MLB impact. But I guess you want to make sure that this high school prospect doesn’t have a higher ceiling than the college bats. From what I’ve read, I wouldn’t do it. But I wouldn’t be shocked if 10 years from now he’s a better pro.

He ain’t signing for below slot. He has more leverage than the college guys.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

Good stuff on the farm today. Bennett struck out 9 in four innings. He’ll be up In Wilmington soon.

Wood got on base three times.

Hassell got on base three times.

De la Rosa went 2-4*
Green and House got the day off.

De la Rosa had a frigid start to the season. A .538 OPS for April. Brrrr.

In May however, he has a .947 OPS. Can’t decide if I like him or Lile more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Drew Millas lighting it up in Harrisburg. Catching prospect we got in the Gomes/Harrison trade to Cleveland

Couple hits including a grand slam today

Little surprised he’s not in Rochester yet. If there was an injury to Ruiz or Adams, I could see him getting called up.

BTW Ruiz needs to get a day off from time to time. His pace of games caught has got to be one of the highest in the league.

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It’s hard to comprehend just how bad the starting pitching was last year, how far it’s come, and how much further it needs to go.

Last year Corbin’s ERA+ was 61, Josiah Gray was 77. This year it is 93 and 152, respectively.

Last year, Anibal Sanchez had the best ERA+ at 90. Four starters this season are 93+.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Ball Security said:

BTW Ruiz needs to get a day off from time to time. His pace of games caught has got to be one of the highest in the league.

Adams in today, off day tomorrow. A much needed break for Ruiz.

Here's some hope for Ruiz. He currently has a .233 BABIP. If that normalizes to even his number (.271) last year he has a very solid .275/.350/.410 kind of line. His already absurd K rate is down 4 percentage points from last year, currently at 7.5%

57 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Adams in today, off day tomorrow. A much needed break for Ruiz.

Here's some hope for Ruiz. He currently has a .233 BABIP. If that normalizes to even his number (.271) last year he has a very solid .275/.350/.410 kind of line. His already absurd K rate is down 4 percentage points from last year, currently at 7.5%

I’m not worried about Ruiz’s production. He’s hit into some bad luck. I just don’t want him getting run down. Sitting him today with an off day on Monday is a good move. He’s been playing a ton. Though he basically got two days off with the off day on Thursday and the rain out on Friday. 

• Like 1

As we saw with Stras' TOS, it's all about how his body feels from start to start. Cole Henry with another good one.

Did notice in his first start that he was only hitting low 90s. Thought he was a mid to high 90s guy

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

As we saw with Stras' TOS, it's all about how his body feels from start to start. Cole Henry with another good one.

Did notice in his first start that he was only hitting low 90s. Thought he was a mid to high 90s guy

I completely wrote him off after TOS. But the more I read about, I’ve learned that they are optimistic because younger arms with less mileage on them have more ability to recover from this procedure. Here’s hoping he can take the ball again in five days.  It’d be really cool if he could make his MLB debut later this year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Looks like I was a little late on posting that, but you can still get a lot of people out with low to mid 90s. Strasburgs best season he averaged 93...