Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Not Mad...

Renegade7

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In the mix of what he said he mentioned multiple times that they were 6-3 and implying that's really good so fans should get behind them.  I get the point and agree with the spirit of it from him but for me Brewer hit the nail on the head about how this team has a history of celebrating a bit prematurely and things not ending well.  The way I took Brewer's point is Norman inadvertently entered those waters whether intended or not.

Took me a second to realize this, I remember how we have a history of someone calling on us for support them immediately follow it with a loss. All I know is losing with this team and many variations of it, Colts game this year was best example of them feeling themselves too much.  Falcons and Saints game felt like wrong place wrong time, and last two losses felt reality catching up with us.  Got a couple games left, but don't get vibe of them overlooking anyone in recent comments concerning future opponents (we will see, hard to see future since its always moving)

On 11/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, Veretax said:

Even with all the injuries, all the dysfunction, I still think the odds are good that 2 of 5 are wins down the stretch, that's 8-8.... is it enough for the playoffs in the end?  May depend on whom we beat, and hat dallas does in the same stretch.

umm are you forgetting about philly? When they beat us next Monday they will be tied with us. 

58 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

yeah well we are now losing games we should have won and on a 2 game losing streak soon to be 3 

47 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

umm are you forgetting about philly? When they beat us next Monday they will be tied with us. 

Just stop already with the games we were supposed to win, those were likely loses before the season started.  If you want to proclaim the season is over, do it any of the other threads about that, that's not thetioic for this one

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Took me a second to realize this, I remember how we have a history of someone calling on us for support them immediately follow it with a loss. All I know is losing with this team and many variations of it, Colts game this year was best example of them feeling themselves too much.  Falcons and Saints game felt like wrong place wrong time, and last two losses felt reality catching up with us.  Got a couple games left, but don't get vibe of them overlooking anyone in recent comments concerning future opponents (we will see, hard to see future since its always moving)

I don't think they overlook anyone but some of the players of that unit seems chesty.  Maybe if I have some time, I'll look for some comments but just have gotten that vibe during the season.   Jay has said multiple times that's the unit they lean on.  I don't get the vibe that the coaching staff sees it as an overachieving unit -- I'd add they've had mostly good look too as for injuries.    I like the Alabama guys comments suggesting to change the culture game in and game out by staying unsatisfied and hungry. 

Offense to me is a different story.  So for me its a tale of two units.  Offense had every road block you can imagine (2 years in a row, no less) and no one on the unit as far as I can tell is complaining about it.   I like the potential of the defense and think they can rebound but like to see less noise from them.  But that's just me. 

Archived