Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The refs better not cheat us in the Dallas game

OURYEAR#56

I'm going on record to say that the league is fixed. I've watched a lot of football this year, and I haven't seen a "barking the cadance" penalty anywhere but in the Dallas and Redskins game earlier this year. Matter of fact the refs have cheated for Dallas for the last decade. They get the calls even when they have a terrible team. How in hell do we loose to Dave Campo? How do they give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt in these games? How in hell does a 11-0 team loose to a 2-8 team. This is a joke. I better not see any pass interference calls, barking the cadance calls, etc. The league has to start looking into this, it's not fair. I wish George Allen's ghost would appear and get us phyched up like a wild pack of dogs. I hate Dallas, man do I hate that team.

Although I do believe that refs decide that they'll pick on one team before a game, in all levels of play. I do not believe that games are fixed. If the Redskins get their heads out of their @$$'s and play like they can, not even the refs can cause us to lose. So before making excuses for the Redskins losing, try going with the fact that we still can beat any team if the team plays right, and Spurrier doesn't start going pass happy and forget about the running game.

agreed symbol but some are so blatantly wrong on calls its disturbing......ex. horn running into champ standing his ground and its 1st and goal on the one, Jason Taylor putting a DDT on ramsey and not flag for slamming his head ground first(not even a league fine later), Davis's td when the refs had the perfect angle for the call (and later said if they called it a stop and reviewed it would stay a stop).....list goes on.....

But as you mentioned with all the pairity in this league, games are won and lost largely on emotion and momentum. Both of those can greatly be affected by multiple bad calls by the refs. This is a serious problem in this league that no one will address. Referees alter the outcome of the game with bad calls at critical moments while the world is watching and all that can be said is "sorry". Football season is too short to put up with this. IT IS TIME TO START FINING REFS!!!

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

I know that when that Ross kid got cut from Dallas, he made a comment on how it was nice getting calls thanks to Parcells.

I wouldn't say they were getting calls in the past few years though.

This is definitely one of the things that I have felt disappointed in our coaches in the past few years. I have read a lot of posters who say we haven't gotten a lot of calls in the post-Gibbs era, and I tend to agree. Did anyone catch a show where they talked about the refs influence in these games a few months ago? I don't remember what the show was totally about, but the significant part I was able to watch was all about "managing the refs." This is where, I feel, our coaches in recent times have bordered on pathetic.

They talked to Jon Gruden, who made a big point of how important it is to shmooze with the refs. He says he is not 100% certain he'll get the benefit of calls due to that, but he's pretty convinced it helps, and he's definitely certain it can't hurt. That's the mentality that has been lacking from our coaches in recent times, and I feel we have paid for it. Whenever our coaches make comments to the ref early in the game on non-critical plays that were bad calls, or lose their cool in those situations, or even when they fail to do those things that the Parcells and the Grudens of the world do early (just a little shmoozing)... I often wonder if that's when we're headed for a long day on the short end of the stick with the zebras. Personally, I think this is a part of the game where Redskins coaches have struggled in recent times. Spurrier's egotistical reputation probably doesn't help.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe we've only had Gerry "Dallas Fan" Austin as our ref once this year so far. Each team gets each set of refs twice a season. My guess is Gerry Austin and crew will be doing the game this week at FedEx.

If so, we'll get screwed. He always screws us. Remember last year in the Dallas game at FedEx, they fumbled the kickoff we picked it up and ran it in, TD!!!!! But no, another skins player took like one step onto the field then back off cause he didnt know there was a fumble, and we got called for too many men on the field, they gave the ball to Dallas. He called the penalty when nobody was in possession of the ball?? How the hell do you do that, and how the hell does Dallas get it. It was a BS call.

Also the Carolina game, yeah we all know about that.

If it is him and his crew though, someone who sits near the endzone please give those guys hell, b/c one of those ****s screwed us there. Im not sure which one, but one of them who said Davis was in, really screwed us.

Having said that, I do think the refs should be subject to fines if they blatantly screw up their job.

Completely agreed...they should be held accountable for bad calls. I could see letting them slide on "judgement" calls (like Pass interference, etc.), but they should certainly be fined when they blantently screw up.

In fact, a ref was fined just last week for a screwup in a game (I think it was a Seattle game).

Any out there who think that refs have something against the Skins or the games are fixed....quit being stupid losers.

Someone please explian to me why the Skins would be a target of foul play? The Raiders would have to be the most annpying team in the league to the NFL and they manage to win almost every season.

The team that plays better football wins 99.999% of the games, period.

Stop posting you idiocy about fixes, please.

Archived