Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr. Z.. insult or compliment for Spurrier?

bubba9497

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/dr_z/12/10/power_rankings/index.html

Washington Redskins (5-8)

Bruce Smith got his record-breaking sack shortly after he put Giants' QB Kerry Collins out with a hit on a play that had been whistled dead. Caught up in the overwhelming emotion of the moment, Steve Spurrier issued this stirring quote: "He's one of our defensive ends. He plays half the time, and he's been a leader and a veteran player, and it was nice he was able to get the record here today." Spurrier? He's one of their coaches. Came from college. Once played for the Niners. Nice to see him so level-headed when those around him are losing theirs.

Hey NYC:

The Bills rushed for 203 yards on 41 carries against New York, so for just for a kibbitz, I looked up how many tackles and assists their No.1 draft, DT Dewayne Robertson, had collected. I couldn't find his name listed. A typo, a misprint, an injury that kept him out of action, what? So I called the Jets. "He wasn't hurt," said the stony voice in their PR department. "Well, did he play?" "He alternated with Josh Evans." Oy, the double bagel. There is some serious regression going on here, assuming the talent was ever there in the first place.

:silly:

Archived