Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone see the New England vs Miami game?

jbooma

That seen after the INT for the TD was awesome. All the fans were just throwing snow in the air it was really cool.

For those of you who didn't know they got about 28 inches in boston and didn't open up the stadium until a couple of hours before the game. There was no time to get all the snow off the seats so all the fans had to pretty much do it themselves. There was a shot of a kid just sledding down the stadium because you couldn't see the seats.

Everyone had to shovel out their own seats, the crews helped a little but they had to get the field clean in time for the game. It was something I have never seen before.

The funniest thing was watching this poor dolphin fan talking so much crap, the next second getting attacked with snow balls :laugh:

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

That is one of the coolest things I have seen. Reminded me of the seat cushion game against Atlanta in the playoff in 1991

I watched the game being a new englander, It was awesome

the pats fans were good sports. The snow was removed from the seats with a luge run. they set up a sort of half pipe in the stands and the snow slid down to the plows to be pushed out. They ran out of time to get all the snow and many fans just sat on top of piles and made the best of it.

They showed a stat during the game

pats fans in seats 45,000

snow in seats 17,000

:dallasuck

I love watching snow games, and what the fans did after that TD, was awesome.

Like what SkinsHokie Fan said, it remined me of the "seat cushion game" at the playoff game vs Atlanta also. I was at that game, and that is something I will never forget.

And yes, I threw my seat cushion too.

my dad, bro, and a bunch of friends were at the game... there was a **** load of traffic and a lot of people didn't even get in to see the game. there wasn't enough parking because there was so much snow in the parking lots! they told people that if they weren't there before the half to turn around and leave because the lots were full. i think there were more than 10,000 seats that were still covered (and i mean COVERED) in snow as of kickoff. it was a helluva game to watch and would have been awesome to see in person! just can't wait till there is a super bowl in weather like that!

There were 14,000 seats that were blocked and covered in snow.

As for the SuperBowl in Cold weather, its gotta happen. It would be so cool. I still hope we could land one in FedEx.

New England fans are crazy (Maybe they've recovered from Game 7) and I'm glad they have something to cheer about--

Originally posted by gridironmike

Did any of you see the Dolphin helmet split (Jamie Nails)? I'd like to see a picture of that.

I don't have a pic of it, but I remember seeing it. The only thing I could think was, I've been in the business of football as player and coach for 22 years, and have never seen a helmet break. The face mask yes, but never the helmet itself. That was a scary, but great thing to see.

Archived