Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't Trung be more like Travis Henry?

Originally posted by SlinginSammy

That would be nice, but do you think Buffalo would stake it's future on McGahee or is Henry a UFA?

Yes, because you just don't draft people in the first round and they not be a key part of your future. Henry is gone after this year. There is no way he's going to go out there and have to continuously look over his shoulder. Might be someone worth looking at come off season. I tell you what, our play-action passing will be a whole helluva lot better with him back there.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Yawnnnnnn.

And fans then criticize Snyder for making offseaason moves that are then considered dumb.

How about our system?

I dont see smashmouth here just a series of draws and pitches.

Trung is not being utilized correctly on a consistent basis and neither is Scoots morton when he is in.

Call plays that take advantage of his speed and make the defenses chase him sideline to sideline to wear them out.

Exactly. Our running problem is as much a personnel and play-calling problem as it is a talent problem.

I still like our RB's as a group. I just wonder about how (and how much) they are used.

Remember, Spurrier's system and play-calling managed to make Stephen Davis look feeble last year.

Whether or not Trung can be considered as good as TH doesnt matter (I believe TH is considerably better) b/c Trung is NOT getting the job done as our starting running back. Teams do not respect our running game and Trung has not established himself as an every down back. He is not the answer at RB.

With Chad Morton showing repeatedly more big-play ability and overall effectiveness as a 3rd down/scat back than Trung does, and with Trung not able to really carry the load as the main back, I wonder whether we should really keep Trung around.

Archived